Cabo in March, any charter recommendations? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion

Old 02-02-2010, 03:49 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default Cabo in March, any charter recommendations?

I will be in Cabo at the end of March and want to fish with about 5 or 6 others, I have contacted Picante and they want $2088.00 plus tip for a half day.:banghead That seems pricey to me, especially for a 1/2 day and it is Mexico! Does anyone have a recommedation of a decent charter outfit in Cabo, we have 2 ladies going and a cabin with A/C would be great. Thanks,

John
Fishandfly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2010, 03:52 PM   #2
Snapper

Default RE: Cabo in March, any charter recommendations?

Red Rum Charters. Great guys and they have several houses in Cabo that are very nice and they offer "packaged" deals for house and fishing that are reasonable. Charter services alone they were great and had good equipment. Buddy just got back and they picked up a few stripes, a Blue and tons of Mahi on a one day trip.

Also, personally i would not deal with Solamar. Went with them twice and cannot say how disappointed I was with the overall service and lack of quality. I guess they did not know that I had a pretty good idea what I was doing but since they did not speak English, what can you do.
dpewitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2010, 04:08 PM   #3
Snapper

We chartered picante last Feb. and we just walked into there marina and setup a trip for the next day. They werent too busy and we beat them down around a thousand dollars after it was all said and done. There were 4 of us on a 35 cabo express and it was badass stripe marlin everywhere we caught six and after that our wives were worn out so we hit some rocks on the way in and got 2 nice cuberas to cook for dinner that evening, it was the best snapper I have had. When you go down there just book it in person and use it as leverage that you will go next door to pisces and charter them, also they will cut the price if you bring your own booze and food. Its well worth it. Watch out for the generic charter that take you out on pangas, we blew past a few of them heading to the spot. Good Luck.
boggs187 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2010, 06:19 PM   #4
Cigar Minnow

Thanks guys, I think we will try the walk up approach, I just can't see spending $23-2400.00 for a half day. I am new here, but I have been on FL sportsman forum for several years and fish out of Destin. John
Old 02-02-2010, 06:49 PM   #5
Snapper

My dad goes there yearly and has caught striped marlin on everything from rods to rope. He fishes with Abby Charters and has been very pleased with them. We fished with cabo magic a few years back also. Both of these companies are reasonably priced, about 400-600 a day for a 25-30 foot boat with head and a birth to laydown in. No air conditioning or tv on these boats, but if you are serious about fishing for billfish check them out. We have been very pleased with them.
Billcollector is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2010, 09:18 AM   #6
Sailfish

I decided to negotiate the day before I was planning to fish when I went in December, during the prime stripe marlinrun. I ended up paying 450.00 for a 35' blackfin by myself for almost a full day (single boat, not one of a fleet). Don't book in advance. You get better prices on the dock. BTW, I ended up 4 for 7. Could have gotten a few more on one of the big expensive boats, butI also paid 1,500 less.

One thing to keep in mind is the season. Nov - Jan is prime. If you pay a little more for a fleet boat, you may increase your chances if the fish are thinned out.
gator7_5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2010, 12:29 PM   #7
Cigar Minnow

I do most of my serious fishing in the panhandle, although we didn't fish any tournaments last year. We are looking for a fun afternoon after a morning meeting. Object is to drink beer, have fun and catch some fish, in that order. Me and one other guy are probably the only ones that have caught any billfish, so it will be fun just to catch some fish and get some sun. Thanks again for the suggestions.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:42 PM   #8
Sailfish

We used piccante sportfishing when we went last year in January. They were top notch put us on alot of fish! http://www.picantesportfishing.com/m...FRednAod5jGgbQ
tyler0421 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2010, 12:45 PM   #9
Sailfish

Oops didnt see you posted Boggs. Yea I went with him. It was a blast the crew was great! Definatly knew what they were doing!!
tyler0421 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in