Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion
Register Fishing Photos FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Advertise

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Boardfeet
  • 1 Post By drysideshooter

Old 04-20-2019, 03:57 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default Boat Storage Options?

My wife and I live in Washington, but want to start spending some time each year in the Pensacola area. We are going to head that way and look at homes soon, as well as boats. Thinking a CC in the 21-25' range.

My wife thinks a condo might make sense as we wouldn't have to worry about exterior maintenance, and she thinks things like storms would be less of a concern. I've been spoiled by always have my boats stored in my shop at home. I've Googled and tried to find what options are available for at least covered storage, on the trailer in Pensacola, but any advice or tips would be most appreciated. I would need some place that has water available for flushing the motor and cleaning the boat, and power available for battery charging. I see there are some places with dry storage that launch for you with an hours notice, flush the motor when it's pulled, etc. The ones I have been able to find don't have onsite trailer parking. I would anticipate fishing mostly the close bays, but we would probably trailer and fish areas such a Mobile as well.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated, and we will look at our options on our next trip there.
drysideshooter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2019, 06:18 PM   #2
White Marlin

Daybreak marina
Best dry storage in Pensacola..
If your looking over toward Perdido Key then Holiday Harbor marina.
drysideshooter likes this.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:38 PM   #3
Grand Slam

depending on how much time, or better yet, how often your boat will be used... I'd lean towards dry storage on a rack somewhere. Sitting somewhere on a trailer, will lead to problems. Such as flat tires, the boat in a field somewhere (covered or not) will attract mice, and/or tree rats looking for a place to call home... chew wires, and more. Dry storage on a rack with activity to keep the rodents on the run would be best, I would think. if you here a coupe weeks a year, wait to buy a boat when you'll be here more often, or better yet full time.... 2 cents
Realtor is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2019, 05:33 AM   #4
Blue Marlin

Close to Pensacola, Barber Marina would be a good option, we can store your trailer and you can load the boat on the trailer if you need too, of course we are in Alabama so that might be an issue.

Ms Penny Fishing Team

Barber Marina
251-987-1060

[email protected]
Sequoiha is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2019, 07:25 AM   #5
Grand Slam

If retired military the choices are much better. you should fill that out in your preferences. Just a general idea about yourself.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:47 AM   #6
Ruby Red Lip

Boats that sit up for six months are bound to have problems. Not sure if Pensacola has boat club options. Would also be cheaper to do a couple off shore charters, several inshore charters, and a few days of pontoon rentals than owning your own. Likely to catch more fish, no clean up etc. But nothing like the enjoyment of doing it all yourself.
fishdoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2019, 09:12 AM   #7
Cigar Minnow

Thanks for the information and thoughts, it is genuinely appreciated.

I'm going to call a couple of the dry dock places this week and see if there are waiting lists. I anticipate we will be there for a couple months straight during the colder times at home, and a few weeks at a time two or three other times per year. Won't ever be full time as we really like where we live and fish an average of 5 days a week at home. The boat down south shouldn't ever set unused more than a few months at a time.

We have chartered before, and know that's a viable option, but especially during a stay of a couple months when we would want to fish all of the decent weather days we can, it doesn't make as much sense. Our plan is to charter when we want to do some offshore fishing. I'm really fortunate to be married to a lady that enjoys fishing as much as I do.
Realtor likes this.
drysideshooter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2019, 10:09 AM   #8
Grouper

Location: live in Baton Rouge but have a condo in Pensacola Beach

You can also check out Santa Rosa Yacht Club for either rentals or dry slip sales. They are right at the foot of the Bob Sikes Toll Bridge. Definitely the most convenient if you end up in either Gulf Breeze or Pensacola Beach.
lsucole is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2019, 10:58 AM   #9
Grand Slam

There are some condo's on Old River, Perdido Key that have boat slips with lifts over the water. So you would have easy access while you are here. Then find a storage place while you are gone.

https://www.condoinvestment.com/perd...oat-access.php

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in