Boat rental? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion

Like Tree2Likes

Old 05-10-2019, 08:55 PM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default Boat rental?

I live in Wisconsin,, Cant tell by my name can you?? Well, Im trying to decide if I want to pull my 15' Vhull with 50 hp outboard all the way down there for fishing in the bay or not. Would be nice to be able to fish around the 3m or sykes during the night time hours but...... Does anyone know if there are any places a person could rent a center console or some other 15-19' fishing boat on a daily basis? Ive had my own boats off and on for the last 25-30 years and maintain my own and have also rebuilt this 50hp motor. Im good with handling a boat in moderate waves around here.. Down there they'd be small waves. Probably less than 2 feet peak to valley. Looking at May of 2020 for coming down. Long way off but getting ideas going just to start. Any help or suggestions would be great. OR if any of you would be willing to rent out your boat in the size range I mentioned. I could call my insurance agent up here and give him the hull ID and get daily coverage on it just to make sure its all good. Alternatively I could provide a "security" deposit if requested. I know, Its a LOT to ask being a "nobody" that any of you know up here in Wisconsin but figured I gotta start somewhere. I DO have my boat but not sure I wanna drag a 1994 boat all that way and possibly not be able to use it due to high winds all week when I'm down there. Thanks again for any help or suggestions.

Tight lines and good luck out there.
WisconsinFisherman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2019, 11:56 PM   #2
Grouper

Interesting question, I can understand your dilemma. I don't know about boat rentals for the type of setup you're after, but maybe others more knowledgeable will chime in.

"Things are only impossible until they're not"
SurfRidr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2019, 12:20 AM   #3
Snapper

Are you military or civil service worker or contractor that has base access?
Shark Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2019, 07:16 AM   #4
Blue Marlin

A rental would not be allowed out after dark.....I wouldn't think? IE: hours of rental are daylight hours.
Old 05-11-2019, 07:49 AM   #5
Trigger

If military, rent a cape 17’ from the base or an edgwater. I think the edgewater is a couple ft longer. Sherman Cove.
Tuffstuff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2019, 08:27 AM   #6
Ruby Red Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Sugar View Post
Are you military or civil service worker or contractor that has base access?
No, but my cousin is retired navy so that may help.

"A rental would not be allowed out after dark.....I wouldn't think? IE: hours of rental are daylight hours."

Thanks for the info. Never would have known that until trying to rent one.

"If military, rent a cape 17í from the base or an edgwater. I think the edgewater is a couple ft longer. Sherman Cove."

Any idea on how much that would cost for an 8 hr day? Ones Ive seen doing google search are around $350 =\- for half day. I'd spend that much on gas pulling mine down there.

Thanks everyone for the info and replies. I really appreciate it. With my 2015 F150 I get around 23 highway. With trailer, so far 6x8 steel garden trailer I only got around 15-16 and my boat is much heavier BUT it's got the trailering cover so it fits aerodynamically behind my boat much better. I'll know more in August this year when I go to Michigan what kind of MPG Im going to get.
WisconsinFisherman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2019, 08:45 AM   #7
I'd Love to Catch a
White Marlin

Good luck with your search man! The nighttime fishing during May in that area is awesome, so hopefully you can work something out! I'm a fisherman from Wisconsin as well, by the way.
WisconsinFisherman likes this.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:51 AM   #8
Sailfish

I know you did not ask about pontoons but figured I would share. Most of the pontoon rentals do not allow fishing poles on their boats.

"This boat runs on gas, not thank you's"
murfpcola is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2019, 10:46 AM   #9
Grand Slam

At sherman Cove military you will have to take a short course to rent basically to familuris you with the area and where you are allowed to go. Here's the marina number. Give them a call if interested. I D card required to get on Base and to use facilites

850 452 2212. Or 2213
WisconsinFisherman likes this.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:47 PM   #10
Jaded Old Phart
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinFisherman View Post
No, but my cousin is retired navy so that may help.

"A rental would not be allowed out after dark.....I wouldn't think? IE: hours of rental are daylight hours."

Thanks for the info. Never would have known that until trying to rent one.

"If military, rent a cape 17í from the base or an edgwater. I think the edgewater is a couple ft longer. Sherman Cove."

Any idea on how much that would cost for an 8 hr day? Ones Ive seen doing google search are around $350 =\- for half day. I'd spend that much on gas pulling mine down there.

Thanks everyone for the info and replies. I really appreciate it. With my 2015 F150 I get around 23 highway. With trailer, so far 6x8 steel garden trailer I only got around 15-16 and my boat is much heavier BUT it's got the trailering cover so it fits aerodynamically behind my boat much better. I'll know more in August this year when I go to Michigan what kind of MPG Im going to get.
Here you go, looks like no night fishing.

https://www.navymwrpensacola.com/pro...3-089f70214e04

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in