Boat Launch Pass - City of Pensacola - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion

Old 04-05-2010, 01:08 PM   #1
Snapper

Default Boat Launch Pass - City of Pensacola

I understand that to launch your boat at most of the Pensacola boat launches that are city owned, you need to pay the user fee or get the pass from City Hall. I also understand that the fee's are $25 for residents in the city limits of Pensacola and $75 for the rest. My questions are: 1) If you go to City Hall, do they look up your info and decide what fee they will charge, do you show your drivers license? 2) Is there personal info that they obtain as to who is the owner of the pass? 3) Can anyone pick up the pass?

To get to the point: I don't mind as much paying for a pass that is $25. I really mind paying for one that is $75!!!! :banghead:banghead:banghead Would anyone that is a resident of the City of Pensacola be willing to get a pass for me if I payed a reasonable handling fee? Please PM if this is a possibility. Thanks in advance. Christopher
Gone Fishin' Too is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2010, 01:55 PM   #2
Trigger

Send a message via AIM to AquaSport175
Default RE: Boat Launch Pass - City of Pensacola

Good question. I was also wondering if there was a way to get these online...?
AquaSport175 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2010, 05:12 PM   #3
Snapper

How about a $20 handling fee?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2010, 07:23 PM   #4
Trigger

1) Yes, they do request your DL

2) They dont ask any personal information other than if you are a City resident or not.

3) Yes

*I applied in person the first time and have reapplied since via mail.
Buzzbait is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2010, 11:09 PM   #5
Snapper

Anyone looking to make an easy $20 profit for picking me up a City of Pensacola Boat Launch Pass?
Old 04-08-2010, 09:18 AM   #6
Snapper

:bump
Old 04-08-2010, 09:32 AM   #7
ROLL TIDE ROLL
Grand Slam

Quote:
Gone Fishin' Too (4/6/2010)Anyone looking to make an easy $20 profit for picking me up a City of Pensacola Boat Launch Pass?
Instead of trying tocheat the system why not just pay the $75 like everyone else.
Splittine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2010, 12:34 PM   #8
White Marlin

Quote:
Splittine (4/8/2010)
Quote:
Gone Fishin' Too (4/6/2010)Anyone looking to make an easy $20 profit for picking me up a City of Pensacola Boat Launch Pass?
Instead of trying tocheat the system why not just pay the $75 like everyone else.
:clap Alot of trouble just to save $30 a year. When you go to a resturant do you stuff your pockets full of sugar packets and napkins?oke
Play'N Hooky Too is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2010, 01:05 PM   #9
White Marlin

Quote:
Splittine (4/8/2010)
Quote:
I think if it's anything like in Fort Walton Beach (FWB) it really shouldn't be called cheating the system. I live in Mary Esther which isa suburb ofFWB but because I have a different Zip Code I have to pay two or three timeswhat others payfor things likecity league kids sports and ramp passeseven though I shop and do most of my purchasing in FWB paying most of mysales tax there. These towns that are all connected should allow each other to useeach others facilities without considering them out of towners and charging two or three times the normal rate.:hoppingmad I mean look at FWB, it's divided into FWB, Mary Esther, Shalimar, Wright, Cinco and probably one or two more I'm forgetting. Just because you go over a bridge they call it a different town and nowthe city you do most ofyour shopping in treats you as an outsider when you want to do things like put your kidin a city leaguesporting event or buy a ramp pass to launch your boat. :banghead
69Viking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2010, 07:36 PM   #10
Snapper

I want to cheat the system just on the principle that there is no reason to charge people outside the city limits 3 times more!!! It would be different if the money is going to ramp improvements, security at the ramps or something that is recreational for boating, but it's not. I buy all my gas for the boat in the City of Pensacola, I buy all my bait and tackle in the City of Pensacola,I have my boat serviced in the City of Pensacola. I am a cheap ass when it comes to silly things like paying 3 times more than somebody that lives a little closer to the water than I do. My mail says I live in Pensacola, I just live off of 10 Mile Rd, what is the reason for paying 3 times as much? I would not mind paying up to $50 dollars a year, but all these extra dollars add up. All the vehicle/boat/trailer registration went up almost double. I buy a launch pass in Gulf Breeze for $50 a year. Why not set an equal standard and charge everyone the same fee? It would be like charging everyone from Pensacola that goes to the beach at the toll $3 and people from Gulf Breeze $2 and people from Pensacola Beach $1. I usually go to Navy Point or Shoreline anyways, I just wanted another option for the days that I want to fish the 3 mile bridge with my son.

So the offer still stands at $20 as a handling fee for someone to buy me a Launch Pass!!! :moon:moon:moon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in