Bass pro shop warranty - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ChileRelleno
  • 1 Post By Snagged Line

Old 06-25-2014, 01:28 AM   #1
Grand Slam

Had a crappie maxx rod from BPS break on me Saturday. Rod was less than a year old so I called the daphne store to see if it had a warranty and what and if it could be replaced. Guy kept repeating to me"all sales are final". Couldn't believe what I was hearing. So hung up and got on line with BPS customer service and I was told the rod had a one year warranty but without the receipt the store would have to decide if I deserved a replacement.... Called the store back and asked for a manager and the guy was real nice - assured me he would replace the rod and apologized for my earlier experience. I'm cool with all that. However, I have had basically the same experience with them twice before. First contact - no way we can't replace it.. Research and call back and it's not a problem. I'm wondering if that's their training or if they have profit sharing or something. Anybody else had this happen? Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Last edited by Try'n Hard; 06-25-2014 at 01:30 AM.
Try'n Hard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2014, 01:39 AM   #2
Constitution Conservative
White Marlin

Never talk warranty with anyone not in a management position.
Pier#r likes this.
ChileRelleno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2014, 06:13 AM   #3
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileRelleno View Post
Never talk warranty with anyone not in a management position.
This^^. Plus, thats probably the way the clerks are trained. If they say no, and the customer dosent question it, they just earned the store some $$$$ for not providing good on the warranty. I'll bet most people wouldnt research the warranty to find out it was still active.
let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
Glorify the Lord with me;
let us exalt his name together.
Psalm 34:1-3

Short Range Grocery Getter Marlin 1895GBL 45-70, Long range Browning X-Bolt 300WSM.
Donut slayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2014, 06:34 AM   #4
Snapper

Never had any problems with the Destin Bass Pro. I have take many broken items back or the last 5 years with out a receipt. I don't buy the cheap rods any more. Got all my electronic s there and I pilot trolling motor. Get all my rods and reels at outcast now.
Redtracker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2014, 07:09 AM   #5
Kim
Blue Marlin

Just buy the replacement insurance for $17.00. You can slam it in a car door or sword fight with the rod and they will replace it no questions asked. Most broken rods are due to operator error.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2014, 08:25 AM   #6
Blue Marlin

I stopped in the store in Daphnie yesterday to pick up a replacement dehooker for the one that went splash sunday and had to listen to the cashier arguing with the lady ahead of me about swapping out a Tervis tumbeler that separated... Cashier kept insisting it had to be returned by customer directly to Tervis for replacement....

right or wrong, I feel she should have refered her to a Manager to resolve rather than provide a distasteful show of why people should shop online rather than visit a brick and mortar location... I just wanted to get my dehooker and get on my way...
Big Red likes this.
Snagged Line is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2014, 10:00 AM   #7
EAT-SLEEP-GO FISHING
White Marlin

I think it depends a lot on the individual you deal with and possibly local store policy. I had a friend who bought a Bass Pro brand spinning reel at the Destin store. Over several months he used it 3 times and something broke internally. Went to Destin and they would not repair or replace it. He did not seek out a supervisory/manager.He could not find the $50 receipt. The reel looked brand new. Some months later he was in the Daphne store and casually mentioned the problem to an asst. mgr. in the reel department. He was told to bring it in for replacement which he did a couple of months later. The reel was replaced. On a personal experience at Destin on a sale item Humminbird they made satisfactory amends for an advertising blunder and a very poor sales process and I received a satisfactory alternative. It really depends on who you talk to and how you act yourself, and as one poster stated it's best to deal with management if you get pushback from a regular associate. Overall I think Bass Pro treats their customers in a reasonable and satisfactory manner. Individual associates can be a problem for any business but in this sort of thing may be there training.

Last edited by FishWalton; 06-25-2014 at 10:48 AM.
FishWalton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2014, 10:24 AM   #8
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Try'n Hard View Post
Had a crappie maxx rod from BPS break on me Saturday. Rod was less than a year old so I called the daphne store to see if it had a warranty and what and if it could be replaced. Guy kept repeating to me"all sales are final". Couldn't believe what I was hearing. So hung up and got on line with BPS customer service and I was told the rod had a one year warranty but without the receipt the store would have to decide if I deserved a replacement.... Called the store back and asked for a manager and the guy was real nice - assured me he would replace the rod and apologized for my earlier experience. I'm cool with all that. However, I have had basically the same experience with them twice before. First contact - no way we can't replace it.. Research and call back and it's not a problem. I'm wondering if that's their training or if they have profit sharing or something. Anybody else had this happen? Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Sounds like at 1st they were trying to get you to bend over and take it. When you puckered up and questioned the product quality you got some positive results. Certainly your purchase should have been a quality product from no matter where it came from because that doesn't matter right
Smarty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in