attn VOO owners/operators - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 11:19 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default attn VOO owners/operators

licensed captain/yellow card looking to relieve others?

I have been running boats in the cleanup for the last 3 weeks for parsons, the boat I was operating for a friend had catostrophic mechanical problems and got de-activated, so im looking for possible another boat to run for someone who cannot/doesnt want too... it has been quite hot...

i'd be interested in relieving someone as well, i've seen some of these guys out there that have been working 8+ hour days for the last few weeks, everyone needs a day off....

I know the drill on check-in, keeping the logs, been a task force leader, and decon processes

thanks guys
gillarockus is offline   Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2010, 01:51 AM   #2
Mingo

Trying to get mine registered, they are saying they have plenty. If you have anyway to push that along Id be interested. Thanks
Code Blue1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2010, 09:03 PM   #3
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillarockus View Post
licensed captain/yellow card looking to relieve others?

I have been running boats in the cleanup for the last 3 weeks for parsons, the boat I was operating for a friend had catostrophic mechanical problems and got de-activated, so im looking for possible another boat to run for someone who cannot/doesnt want too... it has been quite hot...

i'd be interested in relieving someone as well, i've seen some of these guys out there that have been working 8+ hour days for the last few weeks, everyone needs a day off....

I know the drill on check-in, keeping the logs, been a task force leader, and decon processes

thanks guys
Please explain the decon process.
Realtor is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2010, 09:24 AM   #4
Whizzed off realist
White Marlin

The decon process is in place to assure that the VOO boats or any other boats for that matter do not drag a bunch of contaminated oil product to the inner areas such as Sabine, Texar, Chico, Big Lagoon etc.
The Steven Dann tug and the Santa Rosa crewboat are part of the Escambia crew, another "Dann" tug is manning the perdido Pass.
They check your boat visually. If you are fairly clean, they wave you on. If you are nasty, they wash the boat off with pressure washers. It's tough not to yell at the guys, they are doing the best they can. They have bumped us a couple of times, but BP will help us with any permanant damage. No damage so far to our boat.
Patience Patience and more Patience.
Burnt Drag is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2010, 05:03 PM   #5
Grouper

Go to the Suburban Lodge on Barrancas and give the front desk your data. TMS just moved into town with more boats than captains. The coordinator was calling around yesterday looking for captains. I think they're skimmer boats.
rocklobster is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2010, 08:33 PM   #6
Cigar Minnow

to be clear, I dont need to borrow a boat, i dont know how to get your boat activated,
my intent was to let people already activated know i am available to fill in/run their boat, i am working everyday now, sometimes captain of the boat, other times I'll deckhand, I was running a boat full time, this is what im really looking for, but again that boat is out now, I have yellow card, captains license, several weeks experiance out there, so i know the drill/protocol, I personally own a 26ft center with twins, last boat i ran was a 31 sportfish, Im very comfortable on anything around that size

thanks

Last edited by gillarockus; 07-02-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:39 PM   #7
Grand Slam

I am glad you are working, care to introduce yourself? What boat do/did you captain and where are you from?
Realtor is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2010, 05:52 PM   #8
Cigar Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtor View Post
I am glad you are working, care to introduce yourself? What boat do/did you captain and where are you from?

working but looking to improve, reall would like a steady gig......

born and raised in gulf breeze, know the local waters like the back of my hand

still looking for opportunities
Old 07-06-2010, 07:04 PM   #9
Blue Marlin

Send a message via AIM to fisheye48

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillarockus View Post
working but looking to improve, reall would like a steady gig......

born and raised in gulf breeze, know the local waters like the back of my hand

still looking for opportunities
i think he ment what licenses do you hold? what you can/have run...kinda hard for people to hire you when they dont know what you can do
fisheye48 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2010, 09:36 PM   #10
Cigar Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye48 View Post
i think he ment what licenses do you hold? what you can/have run...kinda hard for people to hire you when they dont know what you can do

100T captain, yellow card, ran several recreational boats from 17ft to 36ft, not really looking to run anything larger
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in