Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Any Evinrude (please don't laugh) Ficht guru's on here?

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  basnbud 
#1 ·
I've got a 1998 model 225 hp Ficht that is reluctant to start. Probably an old fuel issue, been sitting for over a year. I could probably eventually fix it, would rather pay someone that's familiar with these engines to do the work. It has 125 +/- compression on all 6 cylinders.

#7 ·
Close to DeFuniak. Ken Burkett in Geneva. He just moved from his shop on 2A to a new place in Geneva. Can't remember the name of his shop.[/QUOp

phone 334-248-2215

#8 ·
Not sure if he's still there, but Tony at Wills Marine in Pensacola used to work on mine. I had an '04 225 Ficht and the POS finally blew in 2014 with less than 200 hours on it. I'd only owned it since 2011. From my experience, a $1000 bucks wouldn't keep it running for 2 years.

#9 ·
Tony is gone from Wills, got a job that respects his knowlege. Tony doesn't have time to work on marine engines. Don't know about jack at Wills go down and talk to the mechanic @ Wills.

#10 · (Edited)
i have 1 2001 FICHT 150 that sat for a couple years, took it to Outboard Unlimited in Milton and they had it back in shape in no time. there were no issues with it before hand though.
just my 2 cents worth for ya. hope ya get it going.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.