Aluminum boat search - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion

Like Tree1Likes

Old 05-27-2019, 12:34 PM   #1
White Marlin

Default Aluminum boat search

Iím in the hunt for a new or nearly new welded aluminum boat, have checked out the xpress and really like them.

Want an open layout, no frills other than a factory camp paint job with a 4 stroke 30-50 preferably Yamaha or Suzuki. 12000-16000. Any suggestions on where to look or any models to look at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hopin4aboat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2019, 01:22 PM   #2
Splittine's step-pappy
Grand Slam

I'd go see Nick Naylor at gulf breeze marine. They have some alumacrafts with Yamahas on them, for very competitive prices.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 05-27-2019, 02:41 PM   #3
White Marlin

I had a War Eagle for a while..
Solid boat.

Old 05-27-2019, 08:26 PM   #4
VIP of the PFF
Grand Slam

L & M marine in Stapleton.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:06 AM   #5
Trigger

SeaArk 1860 is very good boat, should have little more power than a 50hp though.
KPTN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2019, 11:39 AM   #6
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

Call Shannon at Andalusia Marine. He does Express and may have a used one in your price point...

Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2019, 01:16 PM   #7
Mingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE POMPANO KING View Post
L & M marine in Stapleton.
They have a HUGE (Trump voice) selection of Xpress boats. I've not heard a lot of good things about their service department though.
brianBFD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2019, 05:29 PM   #8
Cigar Minnow

I don't want to derail the thread, but what is the opinion of Xpress boats in your area overall? My wife and I live in the NW but enjoy traveling to Pensacola. We are considering buying a boat to leave in Florida and to enjoy using several times per year. Our boat at home is a typical NW style heavy welded aluminum boat. Many of the salt and freshwater boats in the NW are aluminum, just typically fairly heavily built.

We are interested in fishing other areas in Florida, like the Indian River system, Mosquito Lagoon, etc. I've looked at the skiffs that are traditional for that area, like those made by Hells Bay, Ankona, Skull Island, etc. The Express 185 welded aluminum skiff looks ideal though. Dragging an oyster bar would be less traumatic than a glass boat. My question for you knowledgeable panhandle folks is, how much use is there for a shallow water type skiff in your area? It's fairly beamy for a skiff and I'm guessing on really good days it might be okay in parts of the bay, but it's more of a shallow, calmer backwater type of boat. We've never done that type of fishing in your area, and wonder what is available? From what I can tell, there may be some good fishing of that type around Perdido?
drysideshooter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2019, 06:08 PM   #9
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by drysideshooter View Post
I don't want to derail the thread, but what is the opinion of Xpress boats in your area overall? My wife and I live in the NW but enjoy traveling to Pensacola. We are considering buying a boat to leave in Florida and to enjoy using several times per year. Our boat at home is a typical NW style heavy welded aluminum boat. Many of the salt and freshwater boats in the NW are aluminum, just typically fairly heavily built.

We are interested in fishing other areas in Florida, like the Indian River system, Mosquito Lagoon, etc. I've looked at the skiffs that are traditional for that area, like those made by Hells Bay, Ankona, Skull Island, etc. The Express 185 welded aluminum skiff looks ideal though. Dragging an oyster bar would be less traumatic than a glass boat. My question for you knowledgeable panhandle folks is, how much use is there for a shallow water type skiff in your area? It's fairly beamy for a skiff and I'm guessing on really good days it might be okay in parts of the bay, but it's more of a shallow, calmer backwater type of boat. We've never done that type of fishing in your area, and wonder what is available? From what I can tell, there may be some good fishing of that type around Perdido?

I started looking at xpress because a buddy has a 97 and loves it. I enjoy the ride and he hasnít had any problems not self induced with his. There are plenty of places and I wouldnít be afraid of the bay or the intercoastal in the 185 on most days but regardless of
That there are miles and miles and miles of
River and the like that boat wild be perfect for any day of the week.

Old 05-28-2019, 06:11 PM   #10
White Marlin

Thank you to all the answers, L&M has been recommended by a bunch of other people as well so I think Iím going to look there first. This is a process that will probably take till sept or oct but hopefully just in time for cooler weather

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in