20-23' Sea Fox - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2018, 01:59 PM   #1
Trigger

Default 20-23' Sea Fox

I am looking at a 23' with a 225 Yamaha on it, 2012 year. If anyone has had experience with the Sea Fox, please give me some feedback. The lines look good, but how is it in seas?
Thanks
Seegul51 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2018, 04:10 PM   #2
Grouper

Location: Cordova Park Pensacola, and Navarre at William's Creek

I have a 2000 21' with a Johnson 150 on it, and we've put a ton of fish in it over the years. It doesn't have the features of other boats, but it does fine in 2' to 3' gulf and in bay crud.
First Cast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2018, 08:38 AM   #3
Blue Marlin

Pretty much a Entry Level boat. Hardware is not the greatest.

Old 11-10-2018, 12:56 AM   #4
Trigger

I have a 2012 20ft Seafox with a 150 Yamaha. The motor has been awesome but I seriously wish I'd have spent $5k more and bought something different. I bought it new. It is a dual color boat, red/white. Where the lines meet, it's like they used silicon to divide the colors versus just taping it off when they sprayed...paint peels off of that like crazy. I also had the battery select switch (they used a knockoff brand and not PERCO) break when I was out at the jetties here in TX 3 months after buying the boat. I had to be towed in on that one. The gelcoat on seatbacks cracked within the first year. None of the screws were put on with Locktite and after my first trip on the bay, every hatch/lid/latch was loose or falling off. I had it in the shop for numerous other odds and ends the first year. I counted like 10 times. They sold me a Coastline trailer which is a piece of junk. After numerous hub replacements I finally had a friend replace the whole axel, spindles and hubs with a maint free kit guaranteed for 5 years. I do like the Carolina front end for bassfishing and the boat does handle 2-3 foot seas as long as I don't try to run 25-30mph. I hope to trade up to something in the 24-27ft range next spring but it won't be SeaFox.

Last edited by photofishin; 11-10-2018 at 12:59 AM.
photofishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2018, 01:00 AM   #5
Grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by photofishin View Post
I have a 2012 20ft Seafox with a 150 Yamaha. The motor has been awesome but I seriously wish I'd have spent $5k more and bought something different. I bought it new. It is a dual color boat, red/white. Where the lines meet, it's like they used silicon to divide the colors versus just taping it off when they sprayed...paint peels off of that like crazy. I also had the battery select switch (they used a knockoff brand and not PERCO) break when I was out at the jetties here in TX 3 months after buying the boat. I had to be towed in on that one. The gelcoat on seatbacks cracked within the first year. None of the screws were put on with Locktite and after my first tri on the bay, every hatch/lid/latch was loose or falling off. I do like the Carolina front end for bassfishing and the boat does handle 2-3 foot seas as long as I don't try to run 25-30mph. I hope to trade up to something in the 24-27ft range next spring but it won't be SeaFox.
Thanks for an honest review. Not everyone is willing to speak up about their own boat if it's not positive, so kudos to you.

From what little I had heard, when I was looking for my first boat I did not look at Sea Fox's. Had heard enough of similar stuff. Everyone's mileage may vary, of course.

"Things are only impossible until they're not"
SurfRidr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2018, 10:27 AM   #6
Blue Marlin

Quote:
I also had the battery select switch (they used a knockoff brand and not PERCO)
I install better ones than that. BEP Cluster switches.

https://www.pensacolafishingforum.co...estions-85302/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in