100 x 45 - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion
Register Fishing Photos FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Advertise

Old 04-29-2010, 04:48 PM   #1
Mingo

Default 100 x 45

100 miles by 45 miles at its widest point, that's the size of the oil slick offshore in the Gulf! And now the government has revised the oil company's estimate of how much oil is leaking out per day from 42,000 gallons a day to 210,000 gallons a day.

On Wednesday, Coast Guard Rear Adm. Mary Landry said, "It's premature to say this is catastrophic. I will say this is very serious."

Are you kidding me !!!!!!

And get this, according to sources "Amid several of the thicker streaks, four gray whales could be seen swimming in the oil. It was not clear if the whales were in danger."

"Authorities also said they expect minimal impact on sea turtles and marine mammals in the burn area."

Now I'm no expert or anything, and I don't know which doofus made this statement but I can damn well assure you that those whales are surely in danger. And if there is minimal impact on sea turtles and marine mammals in the burn area why don't some of those "authorities" stay out there with the sea turtles and mammals during the burn and give us a first hand on-sight report of the results!

But if this is their appraisal of the situation than it doesn't inspire confidence in their judgement and decision making ability.

So on the next election day when you're in the booth, ask yourself which candidate is "for" offshore drilling and which candidate is "against" offshore drilling. And think 100 x 45.

dustcover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
Trigger

Default RE: 100 x 45

It was only a matter of time. Think of the huge "dead zone" on the sea floor caused by the out put of polution and farmrun-offfrom the Mississippi River. Ifwe continue on this course the gulf will be dead in our lifetime. I wonder what that will do to costal property values? I bet it will slow down the rampant development along the coast.:hoppingmad
bamagator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2010, 05:30 PM   #3
Sailfish

edited to pacify...
Brent
hogdogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2010, 06:07 PM   #4
PDC Fishing Team
Sailfish

Quote:
hogdogs (29/04/2010)

...I am by far no tree huggin' hippy but petroleum spills of the smallest scale bring more concern to me than MURDER!!!! HONESTLY.....
Brent
Have you been told more than once to calm the drama???? There have been Academy awards presented for less!

I'm assuming you do not have a family then, or else you just said you'd rather them be dead than for them to live with a polluted Gulf??????
swhiting is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2010, 06:16 PM   #5
Sailfish

edited to pacify

regards,
Brent
hogdogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2010, 06:31 PM   #6
White Marlin

Why start a new post on the subject, just post in the original post so we can all see the information and people's opinions in one place:doh

Original Oil Leak Post
69Viking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2010, 09:25 PM   #7
Ruby Red Lip

We should all remain somewhat optimistic. If we did not drill in america, gas would be too expensive to put in a boat to go and catch two snapper. Accidents happen in all industries around the world. Nuclear power plant failures would surely be even more catastrophic than an oil spill. Like everything else that has happened to the gulf states, we will overcome this and learn from it so that it doesn't happen again. Maybe BP will employ some of the people without a job right now to help clean our coast line up.
cml5207 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in