Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Electric Fryer Suggestion

3K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  Fsu2020boater 
#1 ·
Im about to buy an electric one to keep in the kitchen for when its just 2-4 people frying for. Will use to fry just about everything...fish, chicken, fries, hushpuppies, corn dogs, tots, whatever...think i would prefer one with dual basket capability, but dont need amything huge, thats what the propane fryer is for...any suggestions?

#14 ·
Air fryer = cooking with a blow dryer.

Used to have a Tfal, it worked well but would not get the temp quite high enough.

Now have a Waring Pro, it gets plenty hot and with the heat element well above the bottom of the vat it keeps the breading residue from burning and ruining the cooking oil.

#21 ·
I have the Big Easy propane turkey fryer, Oil-less variety. Works great! Gonna use it for Thanksgiving.

I prefer the BGE smoked turkey but we don't have one at the camp.

Reactions: MaxxT
#23 ·
I had the Tfal as well. I liked it overall and would reuse the oil a bunch but I like to fry around 375 and that thing would only go to 330 or so. I sent them a note and they sent me another element / controller and same thing, ~330 degrees and it was cutting off. I checked it with 3 thermometers...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.