Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Great Weekend

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  wrightackle 
#1 ·
We had been trying to come down the past 3 weeks and the weather finally gave us a window on sunday and monday the weekend before last. We had some new numbers to try out and they ended up being great.

The first spot we hit we were able to get a limit of big triggers in under 10 minutes on both days.

Next spot was some hard bottom where we were able to pick up scamps, a red grouper, and half of a gag that ended up feeding a bull shark. We probably released 25 snapper on the first day between the grouper.

Last spot was very small and closer in (about 115 ft). First line down and my dad gets bowed over by a huge fish. The line breaks pretty quickly. We pull back over to the spot and drop another line down with a pinfish. Hooked up with something big. Fight the fish to the boat and pull in a massive red snapper. We took pics, vented, and successfully released the fish. Hated to throw it back but glad to see it swim away. At that point we figured there were some very big snapper on this spot and decided to leave it until snapper season.

On the way home we saw what looked like two big logs in the water. They ended up being massive lings. We flipped it around and they spooked. Spent the next 20 minutes driving around looking and saw one more pop up about 50 yards away. I drive the boat up behind the fish and my brother throws at it but it spooked and swam away. Aside from that, this ended up being one of the best short trips we've ever had.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.