Pensacola Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Edge trip last Funday 18/11
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 02:22 PM   #1
Lipz
Work Hard, Fish Harder...
Ruby Red Lip

Default Edge trip last Funday 11/18

We normally launch in destin at Joes bayou but last weekend we decided to try Shoreline Park Boat Ramp, left there at 5:30 AM, beautiful and nice calm waters, could not get accurate water color report, so decided to head to the edge for some bottom fishing and trolling from spot to spot, about 20 miles out we realized that we had forgot our frozen bait bag so we decided to stop at oriskany to check it out since we had some live bait, we caught few snappers at the bottom and a 3 footer barracuda on the fly, that we ended up keeping for cut bait (stinky and nasty), started trolling from there heading south around 8:00 and 20 minutes later our shotgun line start screaming, that was our first BFT, lines back out and another 10 miles south, NADA, decided to turn around and head north edge and half way back another hook up shotgun line and another BFT, lines back out and close to oriskany we had a triple hook up, my buddies got paralyzed for few seconds looking at me, like "what do we do?" lol, ended up losing 2 of them and the 3 was beside the boat waiting for the right time to gaff it and the damn cudas hit it and cut the 300 lb leader, lost my lure and the fish, so we start trolling again heading NE, after 30 minutes shotgun line runs again and we successfully put another BFT on the cooler, stopped at few spotS at the edge for some mingos, but the dolphins were hitting hard on the way up, but we still got few mingos, porgies and couple almacos, around noon start high speed trolling toward Chevron and had only one knock down, caught several red snappers and triggers in there, i was really amazed how barracuda chucks were hit pretty hard most times instantly after the drop, we left Chevron around 2 and had fish and boat clean before dark, perfect time to enjoy some fresh fish and cold beer, very good quality time with friends, i could do every day for sure!
Attached Thumbnails
Edge trip last Funday 18/11-whatsapp-image-2018-11-19-10-01-27-am-jpg   Edge trip last Funday 18/11-whatsapp-image-2018-11-19-5-33-47-pm-jpg   Edge trip last Funday 18/11-whatsapp-image-2018-11-19-10-02-26-am-jpg   Edge trip last Funday 18/11-whatsapp-image-2018-11-19-6-14-15-pm-jpg  

Last edited by Lipz; 11-20-2018 at 05:53 PM.
Lipz is offline   Reply With Quote