Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Choctawhatchee bream 9-22-18

4K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Try'n Hard 
#1 ·
myself the paw in law and a buddy put in at Ebro about 7 AM and went down to cowford lake, we were tarring up the bream most of them were to small to keep. we did keep some of the smaller ones for catfish bait later. the bite slowed around lunch i put in to go down into the east river. now apparently no one had been down in there for a while because it was worse than normal, very tight. we hit a big log going in and bout knocked the in law out who was driving .once we got in there though we started catching them again put several in the cooler at about 330 a thunderhead started rolling in and no one wanted to leave, we all knew we needed to but no one would say it. finally the elder in law said ok lets head back, and it was just in time. started raining as we were loading the boat. ended up with 31 bream and a bass all on crickets. good day on the water.

Attachments

See less See more
#14 ·
Yes it was for rod and reel bait NOT bush hooks. Thanks for looking out though haha. Yeah easy river is tough to go down in a good day. I can tell you though right now it's super right everything has grown up and no one has trimmed it out. Which is fine keeps people out.

#15 ·
O just so everyone knows I do know that it is illegal to use game fish as bait on set hooks in FL. It's also illegal to use jugs or noodles in FL but I see people posting on the form about that to. I don't like seeing the man either, but I've been fishing yellow for about 5 years now and have yet to see an officer. Are others seeing them on yellow. I know that they patrol Blackwater I assume cause of the drinking and partying.

#17 ·
I use to see FWC Officers at least once a week on Yellow River and was told that there were undercover officers on the river. My health has kept me off the river for too long, been lucky to get to fish 3 or 4 times a year. Use to go 3-4 times a week, run hooks at night and fish during the day, now I’m supposed to have someone with me if I go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.