Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

gun smith needed

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  glassplus 
#1 ·
Trying to find someone to work on my automatic shot gun...chamber stuck closed?!

#5 ·
Downtown

See Rick(although he is out west, elk hunting at this time)at Pensacola Lock and Gun on Garden St. He had done countless gunsmith work for me and I trust him completely. Please keep in mind....no good gunsmith is cheap.

I hear that there is also a gunsmith associated with Buck & Bass close to the fairgrounds on Pine Forrest Rd. I have never used him and would not recommend him for that reason. --- SAWMAN

#6 ·
That"s Mr. Flemming behind Buck and Bass. He has always done me fair. He used to do blueing , not sure if he still does.I take all my repairs and problems to him, and do send him business.

#10 ·
If you have a 1100 I would start by taking the barrel off then the taking the operating handle out. Then with your finger depress the feed latch inside the mag well. That will allow the breach bolt and follower the all come out. Then push the 2 trigger assembly pins out and remove the trigger assembly. The will give you a clear view of everything internal.

#12 ·
Some of the newer 1100s and 1187s left the factory with rough chambers. That will cause jams like you describe when the gun gets dirty. Obviously the rough chamber allows them to get dirty much quicker.

A proper sized ball hone, polishes them up in a few minutes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.