Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Depth

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  sdsmith5150 
#1 ·
I am coming home from school for spring break and was wondering how deep of water yall have been gigging the flounder in. My house is not in Pensacola, it is in Apalachicola, but the flounder still should be sitting the same depth right? One of my friends is a huge flounder fishermen and he wants to try his hand at gigging a few. Thanks for the help.

Joseph

#2 ·
I don't usually focus my attention at a particular depth. As long as I can make out the bottom pretty good, I'll have a chance at seeing a flounder.

Most of the time I start out right along the shore. If I don't see any fish or beds right along the beach, I'll start easing my way out until I see some interesting bottom. I'll move relatively parallel to the beach until I come across a fresh looking bed, and then I'll trackhim down.

Over the last few months I've hit flounder anywhere from three inches of water right on the shore to about 3-3 1/2 ft around the end of finger bars sticking out off the beach.

Happy Hunting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.