Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

anyone know anything about this?

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  white cloud 
#1 ·
PENSACOLA - A US Senate committee will hold a meeting in Pensacola next month about oil spill recovery.

The hearing will be held on Monday, July 11th at Pensacola State College.
It will be lead by the Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship.

Florida Lieutenant Governor Jennifer Carroll and representatives from the Pensacola Chamber of Commerce and the local fishing industry are all expected to attend.
Pensacola Oil Spill Hearing

#7 ·
Stop HELL

I think some one need's their azz kicked if they think there are going to get off without paying the hole 20 billion and if our florida government officals let them get away with it they might as well give up office or leave the country.
When this happened in Prince William sound with the EXXON valdise EXXON put money into a fund just like BP BUT THEY NEVER USED IT AND MADE MORE INTEREST ON THE MONEY IN THE FUND THEN THEY PAYED OUT IN CLAIMS FOR THOSE WHO WERE HURT,,THE FISHING HAS STILL NOT RECOVERED AND ENTIRE TOWNS WHERE WIPED OUT. SO IF WE DON'T WANT THAT TO HAPPEN TO US, WE ALL NEED TO STIR UP AS MUCH SHIT AS WE CAN SO WE DON'T WIND UP BENT OVER A LOG WITH OUR PANTS DOWN WITH BP GRINNING FROM EAR TO EAR AS THEY WALK OFF WITH OUR MONEY....

#8 ·
Here is what I got out of going to the hearing:
1- Senator Rubio has very limited leverage, pull or clout, whatever you want to call it. His main agenda there was to try and figure out how to keep the “BP Fine” money in not only the gulf states, but how to keep the money from ending up in the general US treasury in DC.
2- There were several there providing good complaints about the GCCF claim situation, he listened, but his answer seemed to be try and get the GCCF to hire more people to handle the claims faster…….
3- Bottom line is that I got the feeling this is all being shoved under the rug, people have forgotten about the spill, the media is not seeing a story here anymore. The local officials are starting to distance themselves from the whole thing, and I really am starting to think those of you that have gotten your fair settlement good for you. I really feel that this will all behind us sooner than we may think. http://www.gulfcoastclaimsfacility.com/BP_7_7_11_Supplemental_Comment.pdf BP is in the process of getting out period.
4- This, unless those that are not satisfied with the settlement keep immense pressure on the local officials, I mean going to see them and demanding to be represented in this matter and demanding not to allow this all to dwindle away to nothing while a few lawyers get fat and the GCCF crew gets fatter.
5- I think Sen Rubio came to Pensacola to have a hearing on the situation so he could have something on his resume. I am having a hard time putting my finger on, if anything productive truly came of this or not. My gut is the latter. Everyone knows this was a mess, and it seems the officials are accepting that the mess is to large and to complicated to make right at this point and are moving onto other current hot topics.

My 2 cents…….

No need to blast me, I am just calling it like I saw it........

#10 ·
in all fairness, on a whole, the area HAS recovered. not a total fabrication there. And I am glad the media has moved on, and no longer thinks there is a story in the situation. Thats what did the most damage in the first part. wouldnt hurt my feelings if i never heard about it again. geez dust off and move on

#12 ·
The big politicians can thump their chests and shout all they want but they have no control over how Feinberg handles his operations. Senator Nelson thumped his chest so many times he probably has a bruise and it made no difference. He use to have a staff that only helped his voters get through the claims process. He has now dismissed that staff.
So its down to either take their settlement offer before they cut the faucet off or hire a lawyer. Then what you may get over the settlement offer will go to attorneys.

#13 ·
You got that right, no one said they had to spend the whole 20 billion, when they put that money in the account it was for worse case scenario, no one new how long it would take to clean up, if they still owe you money stop screwing around and take a settlement, iam sure every one is back to work and making money, don't be one of them people trying to get some thing for nothing..

#14 ·
There actually was never 20 billion placed in escrow if everyone remembers. BP pays 1.25 billion into the fund every quarter which would total 20 billion over 4 years. Feinberg is shutting down after 3 years so who handles the funding the final year? All BP has to do is quit funding the money and its dead and there is nothing that can be done except sue BP.
The only reason Feinberg would stretch things out would be to ensure paychecks for himself and those thousands of people he has hired to work the claims center.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.