Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Heading out Friday night

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Regulator_32 
#1 ·
Headed out to rigs for my first trip on my new ride the BOONDOGGLE. I've been reporting on the forum under fishing on my 28 Bertram the REEL HARD for the past several years. (Btw REEL HARD still for sale and ready to fish!) My fuel range on the Bertram from Pensacola pass was pretty well limited Petronious, Marlin, Beer can and Ram Powell. I have twice the range on this boat so im looking for suggestions if anyone thinks further south would be more productive. Thanks in advance for the input and promise a full report in return.

#5 ·
I haven't been lately.. like since the very end of July. Got the diffrent boat in August and have been working on it getting it ready since then.So I am like really ready to go fishing. We had several good trips out in the early spring last year and the years before. plenty of bft and a few smaller yft. always seems tougher in the summer months to me. Its fished a lot harder then and the sharks get worse trying to jig for bft.

Thanks for the info on the 255. I would have been scratching my head looking for it. Do you know what depth it is at? I would think it would still have the AJs.

#7 ·
Hello JMS/ReeHard...we met at the shipyard while you were working on the new boat. Keep me in mind when running to the rigs, we just got back and went as far as Nikika and the 8505. Can run the boat or the deck, I do not need much sleep and fish a lot :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.