Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Ruger LC9?

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Firefishvideo 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Looking to buy a smaller pistol for my wife....you know the story. Anyway, I have a buddy with the Ruger LCP .380 and she was gonna try it out. I have recently seen on Ruger's website that they have a 9mm version that looks similar in size. Me shooting a .45 wants her to have the biggest she can comfortably shoot and was wondering if anybody had experience shooting the LC9??

Thanks,

III

#4 ·
It's NOT a glock, so many won't like it from the start. However, if you like the 1911 style gun, and it "hopefully" stands up to further testing, It will be the gun to have.....unless you are willing to spend 2-3 hundred more for a gun that is wider and weighs more. I'm hoping this little gun will prove itself worthy because out of the box, it's pretty exciting.

#6 ·
Firefish...thanks for the update. For fear of crucifixion, I am not a huge fan of the Glock anyway....I have a Springfield XD45....I have personally held the LCP and think it would fit my wife's smaller hands very well. I just feel a little better about a 9mm's stopping power compared to a .380. I have never shot either caliber so I can't attest to either. From what I am getting, it (LC9) seems to be a reliable gun and would be a good choice for my wife's purse. Really just need to get the gun in her hands and let her make her on choice......doesn't really matter what I think, she just needs to be comfortable with whatever.

Thanks for the info...let me know when you put a few more rounds through her....where do ya'll go shooting over in P'cola? The only range around here is Styx River....it's pretty good when it's not crowded.

#8 ·
Just got back from the range, and NOW I REALLY LIKE MY LC9! I ran 120 rounds through it without a single misfire or jam. The trigger pull is long, but I don't notice it.....It just means that my shots are a little further apart, but in quick fire drills my accuracy is just about the same as with my Kahr .380 at 25'. You are NOT goin to be taking any SNIPER shots with this gun, but for what it is for I think it's GOLD.
I'll try to post some video I shot, soon.:thumbup:

#9 ·
Great to hear!!! I'll be looking for your video. I enjoy all of your other diving videos. I had just recently gotten certified a couple of months before the oil spill.....so needless to say we didn't do much diving last summer. Hopefully with the purchase of a boat for this summer, we can get some bottom time in and hopefully evolve into spearfishing!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.