Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Mid Bay Bridge channel

4K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  greycj7 
#1 ·
Have any of you guys had any luck fishing the pylons near the channel at The Mid Bay bridge? Saw on a recent tv show guys catching gags there. I'm looking this weekend to put my sons on some fish. Offshore forecast looks crappy as of now so we may try inshore. Weekend before last we drug cedar plugs and stretch 25's for hours with nothing to show. I'm hoping to redeem myself this weekend.

#2 ·
We have caught some gags there but it seemed like they were pretty much all about 1-2 inches below being legal. Sheephead, red drum, black drum, and a whole hell of a lot of catfish and sharks hang out down there too. So if you find the right spot you could probably get ahold of something.

#5 ·
Good luck to you! If nothing else you could go try some kings and spanish. I don't know if the spanish are still really thick in the morning just this side of destin bridge.. but they were there a little while ago. Maybe someone can shed some light on that and say if they have been seeing them. I wouldn't mind some spanish for dinner

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.