Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Help with Panama City, FL fishing

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  hmsmithjr 
#1 ·
<p class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Alright guys I need some intel about Panama City Fl. I am toying with the idea of pulling my boat over next weekend (weather and oil permitting) and heading out Friday afternoon to fish my way out to the weather buoy and spend the night.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> I have never fished out of there and have no clue about the area.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </p><p class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">What I am looking for is:</p><p class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">The best place to launch close to the pass and leave truck and trailer overnight.</p><p class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Good place to ice up the boat and probably get some frozen bait (preferably bulk ice, not <span style="mso-spacerun: yes"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes">bags).</p><p class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Possibly a place to spend the night Sat night when we get back that allows boat trailers.</p><p class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">How far is it to the weather buoy?<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> My best figuring is about 90 miles.</p><p class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I appreciate the help.</p><p class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Thank you,</p><p class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> Maclin</p>

#3 ·
I fished out of PC the last few years but I always fished with a friend who launched a ways from the pass or in my boat which was on a lift slip. St. Andrews State Park has a ramp very close to the pass if I recall correctly. I'm assuming you can stay the night there also(probably camping)but you'll have to call and check. Half Hitch isn't far from the park and they have an ice machine and bait of course. Bait is sold right inside the pass on the west side, you'll go right by it leaving from St. Andrews (assuming they're selling this year, I haven't heard otherwise). I'm not sure the distance to the weather buoy, I'm assuming that you're talking about the one off of Apalachicola.

#4 ·
Thanks for the help naby. I would like to launch and retrieve at a place where I can clean fish when I get back. I do not know whether St andrews park has the facilities. I have also contacted St andrews marina and was told it has a ramp and facilities, but is is public and parking is first come first serve. I am planning on spending the night on the water so I want truck and trailer in a safe place. Also, yes I am talking about the weather buoy way off of appalachacola.

Maclin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.