Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Phone and odor

3K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  submariner 
#1 ·
I was reading some archery hunting articles and Phone odor was brought up. I never considered it before although it should be obvious it would carry lots of odor. Took my case off and washed it with hunting soap. Everyone be safe and good luck!

#5 ·
I was reading about the guy that killed Hammer last year and he was talking about how he doesn't even drink coffee in the mornings before a hunt because of the coffee breath. Not something I'm willing to try but makes sense. If I can smell my coffee breath then the deer definitely can!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
^*^^ this. The best thing to do is keep the wind blowing away from the deer. I try to minimize the scent I leave behind walking in and out but there's nothing you can do imo to keep a deer from smelling you if the wind is blowing to it. And for the people that's going to argue and say you've killed 100 deer downwind it's probably because your scent was blowing over it due to thermals and other variables.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.