Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Big Texas disappointment

4K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  Wookie 
#1 ·
http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/postlist/Board/10

I'm Texas on vacation and everyone (I've met so far) act like a little cold air just shut down fishing altogether! Everybody is crying about "it's too cold" or "all the fish are too little". So much for everything in Texas being big and tough. I couldn't even get a response on their fishing forum about what's biting. So much for courtesy. Can't wait to get back to P'Cola. I will however, go out today and prove to them that you can catch fish in any condition(I'm in Corpus).

#4 ·
Where in Texas are you? I'm in Kemah and the bite for BIG trout is on big time here in the winter. But yes for the most part Texans are not very polite (especially when it comes to fishing) There a few exceptions of course. If you are still around and are close to me let me know and I will put you on some good fish.

Here are a few pictures of some trout a couple guide buddies of mine caught in Matagorda this weekend.

#15 ·
wysecw (1/21/2008)I lived in Kingsville, TX for 2 years. There are some monster gator trout in Baffin Bay. I would post some pics but they mysteriously disappeared during the divorce:banghead:banghead
Yeah I know wysecw I know the feeling. That stealthy Divorce is like a sheephead. Pick ya clean before you have a chance to react to it.

#16 ·
You guys sure are hard on the few Texans you have been in contact with. Gloryboy especially. If it wasnt for the guys you work with you would have no idea what our great state has to offer! I have to listen to him all day talk about how great Florida is but I never talk bad about it, especially on a public forum. I know everyone is partial to their home state, but Texas has some of the best offshore and inshore fishing in the US. The hunting is top notch also. Hey Gloryboy, who put you on most of the fish you caught here, and what boat took you on some of the scariest and shallowest rides of your life? (When its running):moon

#17 ·
DAMN!!!!...............Guess my buddy didn't like my comments about the rude Texans. There is great fishing here, not sure about "Some of the best Offshore part".

But you have put me on some good fish and the Majek do run shallow. But hell Floridas the Fishing Capital of the world.:poke

#21 ·
Well, looks like the trout bite is still hot as hell in Matagorda. A guide buddy of mine Noo~Noo has been killing em'. Here are a few pictures from one of his trips this weekend.

I guess i should be putting these i the out of area forum. But what the hay, it started here, so I guess I will kepp posting them here.

#22 ·
Gloryboy keep the pictures coming. You will never see see pictures of fish like this caught at any fishing location in the state of florida. The state of Texas treats its recreational fisherman with the respect they deserve. They don't cave in to the commercial guys. It is amazing how florida is in the grips of the commercial fishing lobby. If there was a feasible way for me to move to Texas I would do it in a heartbeat. You guys have it made. You can go out and take a recreational bag limit of snapper while we have to sit on the beach twiddling our thumbs. You have a state government with the balls to face down the feds. We have a state government of commercial coddling pussies. Texas, I salute you!

#23 ·
Ok listen up. I started this post in light of the texans not being so neighbor like on their forum when I was trying to get some info on what's biting near Corpus Christi. I'm not saying the fishing sucks in Tx. Most places on the gulf coast when wading you can catch quite a bit. However, when I asked about shore fishing, I couldn't even get a "it sucks right now" or anything else. The worst part of it was the post got a ton of hits but no replies. Plus, I think the point everyone else here is making is that this forum is the most friendly, has the most post/pictures and nine times out of ten you will receive some type of reply within 15min on here. I waited a whole week and never got a reply on the Texas forum (Except from my man up in Kemah. Thanks by the way).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.