Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Round 3: looking for kings

4K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  sharkeater 
#1 ·
Still didn't find any... but I must be doing something right!

Launched out of Henderson State Park at 0645. Surf was a little big, but very clean and easy to time going through the breakers. North winds helped a lot. Barely found a few cigar minnows out around 30' then pushed out to deeper structure trolling the cigar minnow and a yozuri 3d minnow. No hits on the mile+ trip out. Got to the structure and found nothing on the fish finder, and wind was picking up so I decided to play it safe and head back. Had one strong and fast hit thinking it was a smoker king, finally. It took me 15+ minutes to land him, but after the first five minutes I saw it was a nice BFT. 32", 26lbs on the Boga. No other hits on the cigar minnow or yozuri on the way back in. Back on the beach at 1000.

Not the best pics, phone was a little damp, sorry.

Clear pic:

See less See more
#6 ·
So I've never had tuna besides sushi/sashimi and the stuff in a can. Didnt have the fixings or know how to roll sushi, so I went with steaks. Sprinkled some salt, pepper, a light dash of ground ginger and rolled 'em in sesame seeds on the sides and it blew me away how good it was. Dunno why some folks look down on the BFT as table fare. Saved half of it for the smoker as well, we'll see how that ends up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.