Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Pensacola Pier

9K views 51 replies 16 participants last post by  konz 
#1 ·
Hello all,

Fairly new to fishing, heard great things about the pensacola pier but i've also heard that there's a bunch of dicks out there.

Is there some etiquette or some tips that you guys could give me just to deal with the people?

Also, how much does it cost?

tight lines

#6 ·
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl5_lblFullMessage>walking on the pier, 1.25
Fishing on the pier, 7.50
Seeing the monkeys in action, Priceless.

as far as tips go? bend over and lubricate yourself, or beat someones ass. its all about dominance out there. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
have you ever fished on the pier?

i mean really you have no idea what your talking about

#7 ·
Jhoe (7/28/2009)walking on the pier, 1.25

as far as tips go? bend over and lubricate yourself, or beat someones ass. its all about dominance out there.

lol hes pretty much hit the nail on the head.there are some class act douche bags out there and a few that act like they own the T.its a pretty well rounded clusterfuk.if you fish it enough it wont be as bad once you get to know people but a beginner trying to fit on the t will more than likely become discouraged,.

#8 ·
i ?!u?d ?uop (7/28/2009)

as far as tips go? bend over and lubricate yourself, or beat someones ass. its all about dominance out there.
lol hes pretty much hit the nail on the head.there are some class act douche bags out there and a few that act like they own the T.its a pretty well rounded clusterfuk.if you fish it enough it wont be as bad once you get to know people but a beginner trying to fit on the t will more than likely become discouraged,.
So what happened to the "new" Will? I guess we get www. back?

From my experience, you couldn't be more wrong. I remember my first few times out there and if you simply watch, pay attention and ask a few smart questions, you'll do fine.

#9 ·
JoeZ (7/28/2009)
i ?!u?d ?uop (7/28/2009)

From my experience, you couldn't be more wrong. I remember my first few times out there and if you simply watch, pay attention and ask a few smart questions, you'll do fine.
Joe this is coming from a dude that throws rattle traps for kings... :takephoto

Just stay away from mike moore...

#10 ·
alum maverick (7/28/2009)
JoeZ (7/28/2009)
i ?!u?d ?uop (7/28/2009)

just to hear you say that lol shows me your incapacity of fishing.i was catching kings on cordels dude when you was a twinklle in your mamas eye long before you worked at gulf breeze bait and tackle giving everyone that walked thru the door your employee discount and trying to be all hush about it.that rattle trap controls more water and covers way more water than any bait you can throw plus it gets twice the distance.dont insult my skills man you will get straight up schooled.

#11 ·
first off: ben, why even throw fuel out there before there's even a fire going. dang you went from one of my favorite kids to an annoying member of this forum. sure hope it changes.

secondly: i think "dontpanic" might be a little off based with his statements. sure, there are plenty of guys out there that are very capable of being complete jerks but they're usually pushed to it.

before i moved, i fished the pier as much as i could and would look for an opportunity to help someone that was willing to learn. if you go out there willing to take the advice that some folks have, you should do fine. don't go out there with any pre-concieved ideas about the caliber of people being poor. odds are you'll see exactly what you expect - if you go out there thinking everyone is a jerk and have that attitude, you'll probably prove yourself right. but if you go out there with a good attitude and looking for some folks to help, you'll probably find it.

my advice would be to go out there, try to observe as much as possible and ask a few questions. don't get discouraged if you don't have everything down at first. and don't let it get to you if someone does tell you you're doing something wrong.

www.ecpff.com is a GREAT place with several pier fishermen from various gulf coast piers that are very helpful. check it out.

#12 ·
Come fish next to me...Im not a douchebag..I kinda of look like Barney Rubble and Im left handed..Not hard to spot..A lot of nice guys out there..Ive never really seen much douchbaginess..Youll have fun.. Especially with winter coming up is the perfect time to get practice and there are lots of bobos..The etiquette is just watch peoples lines and try not to throw over anyone but if you do its usually an easy fix..Dont King Mackeral fish with powerpro, dont throw hardtails rigs off the end and no setlines on the end and youll be in the game..

Also Will I wouldnt base how I think of Ben on how he acts on a forum...Like other Will..Hes a douchebag on the forum but is actually pretty nice...

#13 ·
nb&twil (7/28/2009)first off: ben, why even throw fuel out there before there's even a fire going. dang you went from one of my favorite kids to an annoying member of this forum. sure hope it changes.

secondly: i think "dontpanic" might be a little off based with his statements. sure, there are plenty of guys out there that are very capable of being complete jerks but they're usually pushed to it.

before i moved, i fished the pier as much as i could and would look for an opportunity to help someone that was willing to learn. if you go out there willing to take the advice that some folks have, you should do fine. don't go out there with any pre-concieved ideas about the caliber of people being poor. odds are you'll see exactly what you expect - if you go out there thinking everyone is a jerk and have that attitude, you'll probably prove yourself right. but if you go out there with a good attitude and looking for some folks to help, you'll probably find it.

my advice would be to go out there, try to observe as much as possible and ask a few questions. don't get discouraged if you don't have everything down at first. and don't let it get to you if someone does tell you you're doing something wrong.

www.ecpff.com is a GREAT place with several pier fishermen from various gulf coast piers that are very helpful. check it out.

well i fished out there and saw some people and they act like they own the pier.they move other people shit without asking.they rin there mouth and are rude.i saw one guy move someones step stool and talk shit about it and announce to everyone how much of a bad ass he was for moving it.i watch people argue about getting out of the way when someone has a fish on and than watch guys loosen there drag on tiny ass kings and take forevor to get the fish to the gaff.

if you cast the wrong way or if the pier "regs " think you are disrupting there fishing they yell at you and call you a dumbass.im not saying everyone out there is a douche im just saying for someone that has never done it they can spend a day on the end of that pier and see for themself.

i think okaloosa is a little more laid back and doesnt seem to be as many assholes out there but pcola has definitly changed over the past years.i went out there when they first opened and fished it quite often but that was a long time ago and what i see now is a completely different crowd.

#14 ·
Dylan (7/28/2009)Come fish next to me...Im not a douchebag..I kinda of look like Barney Rubble and Im left handed..Not hard to spot..A lot of nice guys out there..Ive never really seen much douchbaginess..Youll have fun.. Especially with winter coming up is the perfect time to get practice and there are lots of bobos..
Also Will I wouldnt base how I think of Ben on how he acts on a forum...Like other Will..Hes a douchebag on the forum but is actually pretty nice...
i know ben. really well. and that's why he pisses me off so bad.

and will, well he makes lot's folks mad, but it doesn't bother me too much. i like him alright, gave him a bunch of lead even :)

#15 ·
Dylan (7/28/2009)Come fish next to me...Im not a douchebag..I kinda of look like Barney Rubble and Im left handed..Not hard to spot..A lot of nice guys out there..Ive never really seen much douchbaginess..Youll have fun.. Especially with winter coming up is the perfect time to get practice and there are lots of bobos..

ive met ben a few times.i always remember him as the guy that worked at gbbt.he just seemed like a nice kid back than.

#16 ·
i ?!u?d ?uop (7/28/2009)
JoeZ (7/28/2009)
i ?!u?d ?uop (7/28/2009)

just to hear you say that lol shows me your incapacity of fishing.i was catching kings on cordels dude when you was a twinklle in your mamas eye long before you worked at gulf breeze bait and tackle giving everyone that walked thru the door your employee discount and trying to be all hush about it.that rattle trap controls more water and covers way more water than any bait you can throw plus it gets twice the distance.dont insult my skills man you will get straight up schooled.
yea....right will!

will S your right 100% on the money on your post and ben cool the jets dude...I know what your talking about half the time but....to other ppl you do sound like a jackass no offense brother man.

#17 ·
He is a nice kid...To bad we couldnt have a junior angler casting contest because hed prob win..I think he is right this time..THERE ARE ALMOST AS MANY POST AS ASSHOLE BOATERS AS THERE ARE PIER DOUCHES...So its pretty even..Kinda ironic if you think about it..

#18 ·
i ?!u?d ?uop (7/28/2009)
ive met ben a few times.i always remember him as the guy that worked at gbbt.he just seemed like a nice kid back than.
ben never worked at Gulf Breeze...? I did maybe...?

I have gone out to the pier alot more than 500 times and I have never been called a douchebag or dumbass to my face....?? dont think there scared, they are just not RUDE!! I don't get it!

#21 ·
i ?!u?d ?uop (7/28/2009)
JoeZ (7/28/2009)
i ?!u?d ?uop (7/28/2009)

yea....right will!

will S your right 100% on the money on your post and ben cool the jets dude...I know what your talking about half the time but....to other ppl you do sound like a jackass no offense brother man.

i just dont get why you think boat fisherman that dont fish the pier anymore must not know shit.i thought your how to set a spread crack was funny .you know you dont have any type off offshore exposure but you act like you do.im not talking about catching some ol raggedy ass snapper.

i dont get where the hostility comes from on downing boat fisherman because they are not part of your pier click.

#23 ·
i ?!u?d ?uop (7/28/2009)

ben never worked at Gulf Breeze...? I did maybe...?

I have gone out to the pier alot more than 500 times and I have never been called a douchebag or dumbass to my face....?? dont think there scared, they are just not RUDE!! I don't get it!

not ben i meant you sam.i always get you guys confused because of that kingling name use to be yours from the old forum and than he took it and you got alum mav or whatever but i am talking about sam on this thread.not ben.there is nothing i would not say behind your back that i wouldnt say to your face.wich reminds me next time i see you out there i wanna ask you a couple questions .i liked your how to set an offshore spread joke so when i ask you a few questions id like to see you stand there and look like a clown.

#24 ·
i ?!u?d ?uop (7/28/2009)
i ?!u?d ?uop (7/28/2009)
JoeZ (7/28/2009)
i ?!u?d ?uop (7/28/2009)

yea....right will!

i just dont get why you think boat fisherman that dont fish the pier anymore must not know shit.i thought your how to set a spread crack was funny .you know you dont have any type off offshore exposure but you act like you do.im not talking about catching some ol raggedy ass snapper.
i dont get where the hostility comes from on downing boat fisherman because they are not part of your pier click.
I've actually had a bunch of time offshore in my earlier days trolling just don't have the transportion anymore.but i never said you were a bad fisherman, I was just yanking your chain about the rattletraps i dont know you from adam nor do you know my fishing/boating abilities

#26 ·
back to the topic...

will (dontpanic) i hate that you've seen the worse side of the pier. and the truth is, there is some of that behavior that goes on. but, this time of year is a lot more laid back, and the winter is even better. shoot, my favorite time to king fish is when the bonita are thick and sheephead are starting to show up.

so, i'll admit that you're right. there are some jerks, and some folks do get out of hand. but, will you also concede that there are several helpful people that don't fit the in category that you originally portrayed? i would just hate to discourage this guy completely if it's not 100% bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.