Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Calling doe's.. Do any of you do it?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ScullsMcNasty 
#1 ·
So last season, I was able to call in some doe's with relatively good success. I used a fawn bleat call at the beginning of the season, which seemed to work pretty well. I'm just wondering if anyone here does so as well, or if you just take 'em as they come?

For me, during the archery season, venison is venison and I'll take it any way I can get it. Just wondering if anyone else had any tips/tricks to call the does in kinda like you do bucks.

Oh, and if you have any doe harvest pics, let's see them!! Just as good a trophy in my opinion.

#4 ·
i ONLY use the fawn destress call in bow season! ive called in numerous does and small bucks with that call! seems to work best the earlier in the season you use it. ive called in more deer with that call on public land than ive called in with all othercalls combined! if youre having a problem gettin to draw on the deeryou call in, use it in thick woods so the deer have to stop and look for the "fawn in distress".. i believe that the fawn in distress call is the perfect call to use in FL and lower AL due to the type of terrain we hunt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.