Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Thursday Topwater Action

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Rook 
#1 ·
Skipped out of work about 4ish yesterday afternoon and met abuddy of mine to fish the afternoon. Got to the lauch and waited out a storm and finally hit the water about 5pm. Fished several different spots for flounder and trout with not much luck. Made a run to our topwater spot about 7pm and didnt take long for us to find a couple of hungry trout. I put a 3 1/2-4lber in the boat is short order and missed a couple of good blow-ups. Josh switched his bait up and in 2 cast put another descent speck in the boat. We were drifting along when Josh gets a good fish on, I kept fishing and watched the fish start taking some drag and we realized in could be a really good fish. This is the part when I was suppose to get ready with the net, but unfortunatly it was at the house. So no net and on a good bite with a good fish on. We just hoped for the best and when the fish finally hit the deck she was a monster. 27" long and fat. I thought for sure 7lbs+ comparing it to my fish (24" 6.9lbs) We made the decision thatif he wasnt going to mount it (I wouldnt have thought twice about mounting the fish) then she needed to go back. Hes mounting the fish and I would have done the same. Beautiful fish and a stud by anyones standards.

27" 6lbs 7ozs percertified scales *the pic is from my cell phone and it inno way does thefish justice*

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.