Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

specks and worms

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Flatspro 
#1 ·
damn things make me ill just looking at them!!!

#6 ·
Hate to ruin it for ya, but worms are in EVERY fish you eat regardless if you can see them or not............... Keep your grease hot,,,, there good for you............

PS So when she pushes the plate away and dives into that salad bar,,, parasites are in that toooooooooooo..........

#10 ·
I don't keep trout very often, almost never. I have only cleaned a few trout and don't ever remember seeing any worms in those. Do any of you have any pics that you can post of them?

BTW.........I'm not opposed to keeping trout, just haven't done it very often. I usually don't keep redfish either, but kept one the other day and it was incredibly delicious and kinda made me feel stupid for letting so many go. Now I plan on keeping one every time I get a legal one.

#12 ·
Found this on the web, it is not my pictures or description, but they nailed it;

Notice the yellow colored mass embeded in this filet. I am pointing to it with the tip of my filet knife. Usually you will find more that one parasite but this is the only one on this fish.

Notice the size of the parasite after I cut it out of the filet for this picture. I think it was actually 2 small parasites in 1 area of the fish.

Sorry, one more,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.