Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Camo Dip

6K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  bigbulls 
#1 ·
#3 ·
My boss-man is starting up a "dippin" business and I don't think he charges too much over the cost of the kit. He went through a week long school and has all the goodies to do it right. I think the kits would be a pain and probably easy to screw up. If you get it and do it, document it and let us know how it goes....I'll check w/ my boss-man and see ifin he's ready fer me to throw out some advertising fer him!!!!

#18 ·
Well what is the word from the bossman:whistling:

My boss-man is starting up a "dippin" business and I don't think he charges too much over the cost of the kit. He went through a week long school and has all the goodies to do it right. I think the kits would be a pain and probably easy to screw up. If you get it and do it, document it and let us know how it goes....I'll check w/ my boss-man and see ifin he's ready fer me to throw out some advertising fer him!!!!

#7 ·
The only issue with dipping is it is NOT durable. Even the factory camo guns that are coated using this process look like crap within a couple seasons of hard use. And for only a few bucks more you can get a Cerra Kote finish that will out live you.

The camo looks good, but the game never know the difference....

#12 ·
Holy crap!!!!!! make sure you read everything , every review , watch every you tube vid, a buddy and I bought a bunch of film and activator........most madding thing I have ever tried. There are so many variables you may get it right the first time or not. film thickness, quality, manufacture , humidity, ambient temperature , water temp, size and shape of your piece, type of activator ,quantity if said activator, spray pattern , droplet size/ how fine is the mist, again quantity, surface prep, did the chem you do prep with compatible with the activator, once you get it in the water getting it out. again with the amount of activator and how you lay it on the film, did I mention the activator....or the water temp. how about the perfect tome to let the activator activate. again the the quantity......AAHHHHHGGGGG..... I got so fed up I took all my stuff to a guy who did has a small side business, turns out I may have gotten a bad batch of film, or it was the wrong kind of activator, of it was the film , he couldn't get it work correctly either. so in the end I have like 10 rolls of awesome looking film, all of it may have been ruined because I opened it up to look at it while I was in my garage and it was exposed to the humidity , who knows. good luck and god speed, keep the firearms unloaded and in the house , just incase you get that fed up. haha

#20 ·
Never tried it myself but good ole rattle can works really well and blends in like you wouldn't believe and is at least as durable as dipping. The randomness in the colors, contrast, and pattern you create will hide your gun better than any sticks and leaves pattern you can buy.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.