Fishing Adventures with Capt Wes Rozier - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Charter Reports

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By captwesrozier

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-30-2016, 12:09 PM   #1
White Marlin

Default Fishing Adventures with Capt Wes Rozier

Hello anglers!

We are now moving into one of the best months to fish and that is certainly October. Our waters are clean and water temps will slowly start to drop back around the 70 degree mark which fires up the fish activity. You can smell the fishing in the air.

This report is focusing on speckle trout "specks" or "gator trout". The specks are coming out of spawn mode and are schooling making their way back to the upper bay system which they will end up in all the rivers, bayous and canals for some outstanding fall and winter water fishing. But do not be mislead by the falling temps to completely move off the grass beds. You will still find great catches of fish still cruising the flats. We focus our early morning fishing throwing top water lures such as the chug bug and 7M mirrolure working very close to shore. Our target is the female speck which usually is a loner who is searching for anything easy to pounce on.

These specks (1st picture) were caught in the past few days and gives you a very clear picture of what we are catching in very shallow water.

Once the sun rises we switch to deeper grass beds where we find specks like this weighing over 4lbs (2nd picture).

The spanish caught by Rob from
Indiana (3rd picture) have shown up in great force with plenty of BIG fish. Top water action is hotter than the temps have been! I cannot say this enough. We are finding these tasty fish in Big schools along the coast line in both the gulf and bays.

With the cooling water temps we are now finding these stud pompano showing up to destroy topwater plugs in hot pink. Here is Rob again with a 3.5 pound pompano (4th picture).

Spanish and pompano can be caught using just about anything from throwing top water lures over the shallow flats to trolling small white haired jigs behind the boat. These fish are great for young anglers to set their teeth in!

If you are coming to the Gulf Coast of Alabama or the Panhandle of Florida lets go fishing!
Fishing trips as low as $240.00!!!!!!!!!!

Please like my Facebook Fan page and follow me through the fishing season at
http://www.facebook.com/CaptainWesRo...hingAndHunting

Thank you for the past opportunities you have given my family and myself and all the opportunities to come.
Have a great and safe 2016!

Capt Wes Rozier 850-982-7858
http://www.captwesrozier.com
FB http://www.facebook.com/wesrozier
INSTAGRAM @captwesrozier
Attached Thumbnails
Fishing Adventures with Capt Wes Rozier-11-specks-david-basion-ig-cl-pff-em-jpg   Fishing Adventures with Capt Wes Rozier-13-spanish-rob-hood-9-27-16-cl-ig-pff-em-jpg   Fishing Adventures with Capt Wes Rozier-14-pompano-rob-hood-9-27-16-cl-ig-pff-em-jpg  
captwesrozier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2016, 11:30 AM   #2
Snapper

Always love your reports Capt. Wes even though I don't fish much inshore stuff. You put some great info in there for the rest of us and I appreciate that. Keep us the good work.
Florabama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.