BigO'Flounder !!!!!09Oct16 - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Charter Reports

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2016, 07:47 PM   #1
White Marlin

Default BigO'Flounder !!!!!09Oct16

Hello Anglers!

As promised I said I would let yall know when I started to catch flounder and now is the time. Yesterday I had the the day off so my bud Jeff and I decided to wade some of our old stomping grounds from last year in search of some flounder. Well to a great surprise.... it didnt take long for us to round up a 1 man limit!!! ( 10 flounder )

What does this mean? Its time to get Jiggy with it!!!! Targeting Flounder can be very very fun and even more so rewarding. Their meat is to die for and like Speckled Trout the Big Momma doesnt come easy****

Today this young man and his dad joined me on a charter... the day after my flounder expedition. Now knowing they were in the area we decided to hone in, drop the jigs and started sweeping the bottom to see what we could find.

*******************and now for the fish story******************

So there I was admiring this Dad and Son fishing together on the bow of my boat as I was perched behind the center console keeping an eye out for any type of activity. When the boy says he caught a piece of Florida.... by that I mean snagged on bottom. He starts flailing his rod in every direction to try to shake it loose but quickly realizes its stuck for good. So he passes his rod off to his dad who give it a 1,2 pop and shake but then the dad was quick to pass me the rod, for he had a line out and didnt want to be interrupted / disturbed at a chance to hook up..... so the dad passes me the rod. So now I really give it hell thinking let me just snap this off so I can re-tie and get this kid fishing again, so now Im shaking the rod doin the the ole grab the line - pull - sling shot it off - trick nada

but wait a minute out of nowhere this snag began to take drag!!! I quickly pass the rod off to the boy and said son you're hooked up. The dad said that must be a redfish..... I honestly didnt know what to think of it other then strange yet cool. A few moments later we see this appear from the darkness and the kid had just landed his very first Flounder* High fives all around about 10 minutes of picture taking and we were back at it.

99.9% of all my flounder have been caught using Matrix Shads www.matrixshad.com a proven killer and flounder slayer! With cooling temps the bite is only going to get better, this is only the beginning folks. Between Giant schools of Bull Reds out in the bay and pass, topwater action in the morning across the flats, and the flounder run this time of year is one of the best times to book a trip with me at www.limitoutcharters.com inshore fishing is my passion and job.... Im on the water literally all the time and will always do my very best to insure you have a Great and Outstanding experience here in Pensacola Fl.
Attached Thumbnails
BigO'Flounder !!!!!09Oct16-dsc_0242_edited-jpg   BigO'Flounder !!!!!09Oct16-dsc_0249_edited-jpg  

Last edited by LIM-IT-OUT; 10-09-2016 at 08:11 PM.
LIM-IT-OUT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2016, 07:53 PM   #2
White Marlin

Pic
Normal 12" vs Doormat
Attached Thumbnails
BigO'Flounder !!!!!09Oct16-2016-10-09_17-52-07-jpg  
chuck62 and reel jewell like this.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:13 PM   #3
~~~~~CREEPIN'~~~~~
Grand Slam

Nice mat brother....glad you got that youngster on a good one!!!
LIM-IT-OUT likes this.

Psalm 24:1

1 The earth is the Lordís, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it;

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2016, 08:19 PM   #4
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Nice mat brother....glad you got that youngster on a good one!!!
Thanks Jason, man that kid didnt even know better the father and I were more excited then he was hahahaha
Old 10-09-2016, 08:33 PM   #5
Snapper

That's a nice flattie brother! The kids smile helps affirm the reason why you're out there! Congrats bro

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
LIM-IT-OUT likes this.
timjb83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2016, 08:36 PM   #6
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by timjb83 View Post
That's a nice flattie brother! The kids smile helps affirm the reason why you're out there! Congrats bro

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
thanx bud

I need to get you on one next hahahahaha
timjb83 likes this.
Old 10-10-2016, 02:09 AM   #7
I'd Love to Catch a
White Marlin

Yeahhhh buddy! Great photos, love the huge smile, & also the bent out jighead in the last photo!
LIM-IT-OUT likes this.
Old 10-10-2016, 06:58 AM   #8
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaFish View Post
Yeahhhh buddy! Great photos, love the huge smile, & also the bent out jighead in the last photo!
Ha*
I was waiting for someone to comment on that..... thats the exact jig that caught the beast! And thats what it looks like after you try to literally break it off inside the fishes mouth.... the roof of a flounders mouth at this size is almost like pure skull bone. Literally like hookin into a 6lb rock on the bottom
Old 10-10-2016, 02:24 PM   #9
Splittine's step-pappy
Grand Slam

That's a nice flounder... but more like hooking a 4lb rock.
LIM-IT-OUT likes this.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:49 PM   #10
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by John B. View Post
That's a nice flounder... but more like hooking a 4lb rock.
How dude..... I stand corrected, good sa*

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.