01Sep16 Duel Captains double the LIM-IT-OUT - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Charter Reports

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-01-2016, 08:52 PM   #1
White Marlin

Default 01Sep16 Duel Captains double the LIM-IT-OUT

today my good friend Capt Brett and I decided to do some inshore fishing together... as routine would have it we always seem to fish together when the weather is at its worst, but that never slows us down or the bite for that matter*

on the way out to the "spot" we got hit with a beautiful rain shower ahh perfect I said hahaha I started off with topwater not much was happening but by that time Brett had already landed his first red!!! he was throwing a voodu mullet*****

it didnt take long for me to change up, so I tied on something new* a Rapala twitchin mullet.... after about 15 min I get a few bumps and then landed what happened to be the biggest slot red of the trip, as I was fighting my fish Brett hooks up!!! sweet doubled up*

i want to put a pause on story time and give yall a review on this lure----
/////////// Rapala Twitchin' Mullet//////////////
swim depth 1'-2'
3-1/8"
7/16oz

now the packaging on this lure says slow sink.... funny when I put in the water it had a extremely slow rise almost a perfect suspend* at first cast i was pleased in the casting performance this lure can be thrown much better then say its 17MR counter part. the action on this lure is much like the 17MR i cant say its any different ( yet ) my experience with this lure although a successful one was not great, and let me explain, the front hook ( J hook ) tends to wrap itself around the top of the lure.... alot!!!! that was getting old fast! not to mention the red I had just caught was hooked by the front hook!!! now Im a fan of the J hook on lures... i believe fish get pinned much better with a single J rather then treble hook. this also means that its a lot more weedless which is a plus* but J hooks will not stick as many fish and you will have a lot more short strikes due to fish swiping at the lure and ur chance of foul hooking them outside the face drastically falls. My next thing on the agenda is to take these stock J hooks off and replace with different, just to see if I can improve this lure any. so all in all its a great lure and I will be using it a lot more after I solve this fryont J hook problem* what I like most about it is 1 it doesn't sink 2 casts a mile

back to the story.....

after Brett catches another 6 man limit of reds on the Vudoo mullet his lure is starting to fall apart* I switch up to the Rapala Rap Shad first cast Bam stick another solid slot fish. shortly after Brett's Vudoo mullet comes back with only the head of the lure attached to the line... although it did do its job and caught like 7 reds before falling apart its still a pricey soft plastic. He then ties on a Shadow Rap Shad himself and then lands a solid Speck 23"..... as he was fighting that fish I say Brett you have a good speck ON!!! he was like no dude its a red..... IM like no dude thats a speck, he was like no, no its not.... The look on his face when he saw that it was a Speck was priceless hahahaha

we caught a few more specks and then the wind was in our face.... so I tied on the Rapala twitching minnow... by FAR THE MOST erratic hard plastic lure on the market... it will do 180* turns in any direction unlike Jerkbaits that have lips this no - lipped jerk bait has no given direction at any time and will out dance MC Hammer back in his prime. yea ive caught some fish on it. the reason for the change is because its also the best casting lure I curraently have in my arsenal....

All these lures have a time and place and can be thrown very well on GLOOMIS NRX 842C MBR paired a Shimano Aldebaren....

we ended up with about 10 reds and 3 specks in a 3-4 hour time frame
tight lines and good fishing
check me out at www.limitoutcharters.com
Attached Thumbnails
01Sep16 Duel Captains double the LIM-IT-OUT-dsc_0136_edited-jpg   01Sep16 Duel Captains double the LIM-IT-OUT-dsc_0149_edited-jpg   01Sep16 Duel Captains double the LIM-IT-OUT-dsc_0150_edited-jpg   01Sep16 Duel Captains double the LIM-IT-OUT-dsc_0151_edited-jpg   01Sep16 Duel Captains double the LIM-IT-OUT-dsc_0153_edited-jpg  

01Sep16 Duel Captains double the LIM-IT-OUT-dsc_0154_edited-jpg   01Sep16 Duel Captains double the LIM-IT-OUT-dsc_0155_edited-jpg  
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2016, 08:55 PM   #2
White Marlin

pic
Attached Thumbnails
01Sep16 Duel Captains double the LIM-IT-OUT-dsc_0156_edited-jpg   01Sep16 Duel Captains double the LIM-IT-OUT-dsc_0159_edited-jpg  
Old 09-01-2016, 09:42 PM   #3
~~~~~CREEPIN'~~~~~
Grand Slam

1st one was a Voodoo Mullet....I love that bait in the 2 different sizes!!! Looks like ya'll smoked em!
LIM-IT-OUT likes this.

Psalm 24:1

1 The earth is the Lordís, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it;

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 11:41 PM   #4
White Marlin

Definitely a good day to fish.... especially when this is on the radar and u know it maybe a while b4 u get back out.... everyone prepare for the worst and pray for the best.... i just realized we caught a 10 man limit of reds just b4 a GIANT front.... makes sense
Attached Thumbnails
01Sep16 Duel Captains double the LIM-IT-OUT-screenshot_2016-09-01-21-47-05-jpg  

Last edited by LIM-IT-OUT; 09-01-2016 at 11:51 PM.
LIM-IT-OUT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2016, 10:59 AM   #5
Cigar Minnow

Thanks for the info on the lures too!
LIM-IT-OUT likes this.
RfmTX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2016, 08:10 PM   #6
Ruby Red Lip

Josh,
I love reading your post and the pictures you share however, when they are full page we the reader cannot see most of the article due to pop up ad's or recent photos or recent post. Any way to correct this?
Thanks
Dennis
Epic 23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2016, 12:19 AM   #7
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic 23 View Post
Josh,
I love reading your post and the pictures you share however, when they are full page we the reader cannot see most of the article due to pop up ad's or recent photos or recent post. Any way to correct this?
Thanks
Dennis
Thank you Sir

All you have to do is go to " thread tools " tab click it.... then hit show printable version*

Yea these pop ups get in the way. I agree but thats how u bypass it
Old 09-09-2016, 02:05 AM   #8
Sailfish

Got excited, then realized it's a week old....
LIM-IT-OUT likes this.
NKlamerus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2016, 07:00 PM   #9
Ruby Red Lip

Thanks for the help Josh, now I can read all of your excellent writing's!
LIM-IT-OUT likes this.
Epic 23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2016, 12:45 AM   #10
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKlamerus View Post
Got excited, then realized it's a week old....
Ill post a new 1 up shortly lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.