Salvation...... - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Members Only > Religion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-06-2012, 08:52 PM   #1
Paid Member
Snapper

Default Salvation......

So is it once saved always saved...? I would like you fella's to weigh in on this one....

Please post the scripture you are referencing.
h2o4u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2012, 11:17 PM   #2
~~~~~~~Creepin'~~~~~~~
Grand Slam

We've discussed this in a prior thread....One may be saved but only GOD knows what's in your heart. There are several that claim to be saved but if there was no faith in your heart when acceptance was expressed, I don't believe you are truly saved.

When I was a youngster (elementary school age) I went to church for about 3 years straight. This was w/ out my parents. I went to church by myself (walked about a mile to/from), can't really explain why? When I got older, I accepted GOD at 17-18. I, then had a life/death experience that made sense shortly there after. I then fell outta my walk w/ GOD fer a few years. I then got married and we got back into church and began my walk again....It's a journey, that is slow at times then like a run. This is a partial story about myself and here are a few passages that hit it on the head....

1 Timothy 1:15
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners óof whom I am the worst.

Romans 5:10
For if, while we were Godís enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #3
White Marlin

Once saved...if truly saved... Always saved. I love my children no matter what they do and Gods love is a million times greater than I am capable of. I believe that once you accept Jesus and become his child, that nothing in heaven or earth can separate you from the love of Jesus. I also believe that you are saved in your heart and not by walking an aisle and think its possible that some went through the motions of salvation but it didn't happen in their heart, and of course no one can really know what's in another mans heart for sure, but I think if you are a true, saved, born again Christian...it shows. You really don't want to get to heaven and have all your friends be surprised to see you!

neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord
Romans 8:39

Last edited by Try'n Hard; 08-08-2012 at 08:33 AM.
Try'n Hard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #4
Sailfish

Hebrews 9:28

Quote:
so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.
I Peter 3:18

Quote:
For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit,
If you could lose your salvation by sinning after truly accepting Jesus as your Savior - and having the Holy Spirit live within you - then Jesus would have to die again and again each time that you sinned and lost your salvation....

We all will sin again and again in our lives -- but true Christians no longer live in sin -- controlled by sin.
scubapro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2012, 06:16 PM   #5
Sailfish

Oh I wholeheartedly believe in eternal security. The bible affirms it in several ways. I do however believe that there are a lot of people out there who have never been saved who believe that they are. Salvation isn't about a prayer, walking an isle or a very emotional outpouring. Salvation also isn't about "Fire insurance, it's about true belief. True belief is in a person's heart and no one can see it, but we can see the fruits of that persons walk with God. Sure they will stumble and sometimes fall, but God is always there to pick us up. There are people who see God's truth and deny it. Regardless of where they are on Sunday, what they grew up knowing or whether their grandad was Charles Manson or Billy Graham, I don't believe they are or were ever saved.

When you are adopted into the family of God you can not loose that inheritance of eternal life and no one can take it from you.
johnf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2012, 09:14 PM   #6
White Marlin

"I do however believe that there are a lot of people out there who have never been saved who believe that they are. "

You made a lot of good points but i think i disagree with the above quote. I think everyone comes wired with the ability to discern their true salvation although I will agree that it is sometimes so buried that they won't admit it.... Maybe even to themselves..... Hey! Maybe I do agree with you!
Old 08-08-2012, 11:23 PM   #7
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Try'n Hard View Post
"I do however believe that there are a lot of people out there who have never been saved who believe that they are. "

You made a lot of good points but i think i disagree with the above quote. I think everyone comes wired with the ability to discern their true salvation although I will agree that it is sometimes so buried that they won't admit it.... Maybe even to themselves..... Hey! Maybe I do agree with you!

There are people with the intellectual knowledge of salvation who never have a relationship with Christ. And then you have those who are deceived who have gone through the steps of their particular cult. They believe they are righteous, saved or working their way to salvation when in reality they are lost as a goose.

Do you think that Muslims believe they are wrong? Do you think for a second that those who are blowing themselves up have any doubt they are getting their virgins when they die? Really believing in a lie isn't salvation regardless of how purely you believe it.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:52 PM   #8
White Marlin

I believe that God put in every human a desire for a relationship with him. Other faiths have successfully convoluted that desire and have provided a "scratch for the itch" but the "itch"always returns. Not being able to satisfy the lack of a relationship with their true creator is why they blow themselves to smithereens
Old 08-09-2012, 02:42 AM   #9
Trigger

OSAS is a Baptist / Evangelical doctrine that is clearly at odds with scripture in my opinion. The teaching that a child of God canít lose eternal life by sinning is really nothing but than the oldest lie of all. This is exactly the lie that Satan told Adam and Eve in the garden: ďGo ahead and be disobedient to God, you will surely not die!Ē (Gen. 3:4).

" I write this to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may KNOW that you have eternal life."

Many OSAS fundamentalists simply donít understand what John means by eternal life. In his mind, eternal life is a contractual guarantee. I have heard many times the above verse quoted, and then the argument that eternal life canít be lost, because if it could be lost, it wouldnít be eternal. But eternal life can be lost. Jesus Christ is our eternal life, and we can lose the indwelling of Jesus by committing mortal sins such as murder.

1John 3:15
Any one who hates his BROTHER is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

Revelation 3:5
He who conquers shall be clad thus in white garments, and I will not blot his name out of the book of life; I will confess his name before my Father and before his angels.

1 Cor 15:1-2
Now I would remind you, brethren, in what terms I preached to you the gospel, which you received, in which you stand, by which you are saved, if you hold it fast -- unless you believed in vain.

brethren
Paul is writing to Christians. This is true of most if not all of his exhortations.

if
If Christians are assured of salvation, and cannot lose it, why the conditional "if". "if you hold fast" Paul is telling the Christians they will be saved if they hold out until the end.

Every book in the NT besides Philemon some way or other suspends the outcome of our eternal destiny based on the duration and degree of our faith and obedience.

This is a short list of the Scriptures.

Matthew 24:13 he who endures to the end will be saved.

John 15:6
If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and wither; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.

Galatians 5:19-21 Now the works of the flesh are plain: fornication, impurity, licentiousness, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger, selfishness, dissension, party spirit, envy, drunkenness, carousing, and the like. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Many Evangelicals and Fundamentalists deny Christians can do the sins Paul lists. Galatians 5 disproves that. First of all, he is writing to Christians. He accuses them of sinning. He isn't referring to some hypothetical non-christians here. He is telling them they are the ones sinning.

2 Timothy 2:12 If we endure we will also reign with him. If we disown him he will also disown us.

There are so many more that stand in direct contradiction to the doctrine of OSAS that I often wonder how I am reading the same Bible as those who believe it. One has to take a couple of favorite pet passages and then pigeonhole meanings into other text that just isn't there to defend OSAS. If you go back and read the writings of the early church fathers it becomes even clearer. They all understood that one's salvation could be lost by committing mortal sin and not repenting of it.
bama99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #10
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Try'n Hard View Post
I believe that God put in every human a desire for a relationship with him. Other faiths have successfully convoluted that desire and have provided a "scratch for the itch" but the "itch"always returns. Not being able to satisfy the lack of a relationship with their true creator is why they blow themselves to smithereens
They still believe that it is the path to salvation.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.