offshore Venice LA - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Blue Water Fishing > Out Of Area

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 01:19 AM   #1
Trigger

Default offshore Venice LA

The weather got to us over the weekend although we made it out every day I only had free reign to run around one day and that was only for about half the day before the storms built. Had a weird weather pattern with that stalled cold front although we did manage to find yf every day. I had Tommy Gray and his friends in on friday. They wanted a quick shot at tuna and plenty of aj fun. We picked up one tuna in the morning on a live pogie and then went aj fishing and they pounded the ajs. We put our limit of six in the box and then caught and released another six more before we moved onto grouper. The current and sharks played hell with our grouper fishing but we did jig up one scamp. Also dropped some big baits deep for a warsaw. The first one we hooked broke off but the second one produced a nice fat one to bring home to dinner. The storms developed then and we headed in to the dock. On day two I had Matt Launkitus and his group in from houston. Started out with a pair of nice yf in open water on frenzy poppers. Tried a couple rigs with no luck and then rolled south to a drillship. Caught one there and lost a few due to bad luck. The weather was developing so we headed north to a closer in rig just in case it got worse (it did) While we were on the shelf though we picked up three more nice yf on live bait before the lightning ran us in with six yf in the box.

Mike Pittman also went out that day and had some luck in open water. He stopped on a 4 foot piece of grass to try and catch bait and marked a couple fish so he dropped a live bait down and picked up a 110 pound yf which was a heck of a bonus. He ended up with 4 on the day.

Sunday Was the worst day for weather and for fishing. I got two yf in the morning before the rain, wind, lightning, and thunder rolled in on us and sent us to the dock. Most of the fish came on live hardtails on 60 pound leader although a few over the weekend were caught on topwater.

Capteddie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2012, 02:53 AM   #2
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
White Marlin

Talking Once again

You never disappoint us captain...
MULLET HUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #3
Mingo

Capn Eddie You have a customer. Great catches on them yellowfin and my girlfriend and I want in. Do you have an opening for two any time soon and how much. Very impressed. Kurt
lil'skeet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #4
Cigar Minnow

Capt. Eddie,
Looking to do a tuna trip in the mnth of Oct, during the week can you send open dates and rates, me and twin 16 year boys.
idahohunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2012, 03:12 PM   #5
Trigger

here is his site

http://fishvenice.com/
Bow Down is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2012, 03:42 PM   #6
Cigar Minnow

Thank You, I looked all over and couldn't find it.
idahohunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.