Ft Morgan Inshore Report 6/15-6/22 - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Kayak Forum > Kayaking Reports

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 08:54 PM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default Ft Morgan Inshore Report 6/15-6/22

Had a great time fishing Mobile Bay even with the crazy water levels, weird tides, and strange weather. Caught some specks too! A few flounder came home with me also.

Caught one Gator trout that was 27". Didn't weigh it, but guessed was over 6lbs.

Caught all of my speckled trout on a chartreuse back silver side mirrodine and a root-beer body chartreuse tail DOA CAL shad. Caught all the flounder on a Gulp new penny shrimp with chartreuse tail. All jigs were on a 1/8 ounce head. Had to use light line (8lb) and a flouracarbon leader.

Caught most fish on wind blown points very early in the morning. Some trout hit the mirrodine within five feet of my legs while wading, one even tried to add another hook injury to my long list of hookings by swimming between my legs while hooked! I barely stepped out of the way.

I had a great time and really enjoyed the natural beauty and wildlife in Mobile Bay. Met several kayak fishermen and all were great guys and girls.

Really struck out on the redfish this trip. Didn't get a single one if anyone has tips would be greatly appreciated.

Tried heading offshore one morning but took several big waves over the bow, then stayed in 3-4 footers for 2 hours. Gave up with only one bite on a live bait trolled. So much for offshore kayak fishing on this trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Ft Morgan Inshore Report 6/15-6/22-556-jpg   Ft Morgan Inshore Report 6/15-6/22-731-jpg   Ft Morgan Inshore Report 6/15-6/22-560-jpg   Ft Morgan Inshore Report 6/15-6/22-732-jpg  
northportcjm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2012, 09:10 PM   #2
Trigger

Very nice! Anybody that's out there catching fish in this wind and waves is doing something right. That chartreuse mirrodine is my favorite spec lure. I'm no expert on reds, but it seems like you have to find those grassy shallow areas, especially if they have oyster beds. The last red I caught was under 3 Mile bridge in the spring though.
Wilbur is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #3
Grouper

nice report... thanks
pompanopete is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2012, 11:54 PM   #4
Sailfish

Very nice !! Thanks for taking the time to post !!

Scott

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.