Big Mac results - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Kayak Forum > Kayaking Reports

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
Grouper

Default Big Mac results

While the weather was not ideal for kayak fishing this past weekend, some of us did manage to participate in the BigMac Shoot Out based in FWB. I met Ted and Bryan at the Capt'n meeting Fri night. Apparently Ted is a fast learner and Bryan is a great teacher since Ted won the Redfish division - Congrats. I scratched all morning Sunday in that easterly wind and wound up with only two legal trout for the efforts. Ms Emily Duval trounced my efforts to win the Trout division - congrats to her too.

Folks, there is some serious support behind this tourney. This was the second edition of this annual event and there was a guaranteed $10,000 prize fund for the boaters. It's focus is to raise money for the Ronald MacDonald House in Pensacola. Let's hope for better weather next year so we can have a strong turnout for the kayak division and show those boaters what kayak fishing is about.
Foulhook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2012, 08:15 PM   #2
Ruby Red Lip

preach it brother! Hopeto be in next year
Old 06-19-2012, 08:52 PM   #3
Mingo

The fishing & weather sucked, but the Tournament was Top Notch! I am looking forward to fishing it again next year.

Captains meeting was fun. The weigh in was very professional with lots of people around watching and cheering as the fish were weighed in. Emily was on top of the world when she weighed in her 4.1lb Trout.

The overall venue is perfect for a tournament. I paddled up and tied off the yak on the dock and went inside to cool off with a beer. They had a band playing, two bars open, a fish fry and lots of friendly people. What more could you ask for?

We will definitely be supporting this tournament next year. For a 2nd year tournament and a 1st year of the Kayak division, they really had their stuff together. Ronald McDonald House is a great cause. We all need to help make it a success next year.

Nice meeting you Tom. Hope to fish with you soon.

Bryan
Attached Thumbnails
Big Mac results-2012-06-17-13-49-25-jpg   Big Mac results-2012-06-17-16-48-57-jpg  

Last edited by Bduv; 06-19-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Bduv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2012, 12:01 AM   #4
Grouper

Congrats to Emily (I have a daughter named Emily also) for the gator trout too! That was a first place worthy fish.
Foulhook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.