M&P Shield - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Hunting/Shooting Forum > Hunting Firearms

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #1
Auburn Grad - 1999
White Marlin

Default M&P Shield

Anyone got one? Looked at one today and liked it. My banana fingers are non-.380 compliant. I can't hit a barn with the lcp and p238 size guns. Looking for something a little bigger. I'm not a keltec or db fan. For the money the S&W is way nicer! I looked at the lc9 but the trigger is horrid. The sig938 looks nice also but is it worth $200?

If you have Shield whats your thoughts on it?
Grassflatsfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
Sailfish

I'm debating on either the Shield or the Walther PPS. I haven't handled a Shield yet, but it is about $150 less in price than the PPS... When Academy gets more Shields in -- they will be priced at $399. What was the going rate where you handled one?
scubapro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2012, 10:08 PM   #3
Auburn Grad - 1999
White Marlin

Scotts in Jay and I didn't ask. Just saw what they were going for online. I'm sure they would match the academy price. $399 is a steal on that gun. PPS is a touch bigger and trigger was not as good as the Shield. The last walther I had was a bear to break down also. Shield is very similar to a glock in the tear down dept.
Grassflatsfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2012, 08:58 AM   #4
Trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassflatsfisher
Anyone got one? Looked at one today and liked it. My banana fingers are non-.380 compliant. I can't hit a barn with the lcp and p238 size guns. Looking for something a little bigger. I'm not a keltec or db fan. For the money the S&W is way nicer! I looked at the lc9 but the trigger is horrid. The sig938 looks nice also but is it worth $200?

If you have Shield whats your thoughts on it?
I think you meant is the Sig 938 worth 200 more. I haven't got my hands on one but have wanted to check one out. I have a PPS and really like it. It's rather simple and quick to break down so not sure why someone would think its a pain. They must be thinking of a different model. Hearing lots of good things on the shield. I've had some happy PPS owners tell me they like it a little better and at 399 it seems hard to go wrong imo.
bama99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #5
Snapper

Mikes sat. 449.95 thats MSP Cost on one before shipped is about 349.50. Most dist. have them on alc. wright mow. Jim's in Fort Wal. is 449.50 but said when they come more avab. the LEO price would may be 399.00. Got one on order with a FFL dealer, but having to wait. My 2 cents jj
glassplus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #6
Snapper

I had one, felt decent unloaded, once loaded it was heavier than my g26, sold it, never looked back

its thin, but its not kahr-thin, or even taurus slim thin
carman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #7
Sailfish

Send a message via Yahoo to kaferhaus

I hated to trade mine off... wish I hadn't as a matter of fact... Probably going to buy another one. Just didn't feel right in my hand at first.... just about the time I was getting used to it, I traded it for a NIB 4th Gen G17
Old 06-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #8
Grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaferhaus View Post
I hated to trade mine off... wish I hadn't as a matter of fact... Probably going to buy another one. Just didn't feel right in my hand at first.... just about the time I was getting used to it, I traded it for a NIB 4th Gen G17
You did good on that trade
Old 06-05-2012, 10:46 PM   #9
Trigger

I'll have one at Outcast in a day and our everyday price is 399. If you're interested let me know. Like said above it's allocated and I only have one coming in at this time.
Anthonyma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #10
Sailfish

They are arriving at Academy more frequently now. I picked up a Shield 40 there yesterday afternoon. I would have preferred 9mm, but the 40 may grow on me...
scubapro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.