Baitcaster Reel Recommendations? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Fishing Gear and Tackle > Rod Building and Repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #1
Angler Management
Ruby Red Lip

Default Baitcaster Reel Recommendations?

Ok, so recently during my trip to Edisto Beach, SC my spinning reel on one of my poles kicked the bucket. Most likely because of the salt water.(I know stupid mistake). But I have found light in the situation, I have been putting off getting a baitcast reel for a while but I think I will now. I have never used a baitcaster before so I need something that will perform but also be foregiving to a newbie. Also I have a low budget being that im saving for a War Eagle Jon boat. So preferably like a shaekespere or soemthing of that lower price range.
Any suggestions?
Lucky 13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2011, 10:19 PM   #2
Sailfish

I've got two or three Shimano Bantams around the shop. At least two are rebuilt and ready to go. I'd sell one for $20.00. $35 with rod. Abu Garcia 3600 ProMax for $55. Just finished an ultralight rod on a Shimano blank for this reel that I'll take $60 for (Pac Bay Minima eyes and reel seat).

Call or text Joe @ 516-2409.

"I fish and talk about Jesus"

Follow my Fishing Reel exploits through Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/pompanojoes.reelworks
Pompano Joe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2011, 10:42 PM   #3
Ruby Red Lip

My setup includes a Daiwa Inshore Special baitcaster. It is extremely reliable and made to handle the harsh saltwater. Drag disks are coated in teflon to protect against salt and makes it extremely smooth. Casts a mile and has the power to pull in the bulls but enough finesse to fish for bass. At a price range around $120, definatley worth checking out.
UWFSig22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2011, 10:51 PM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

Sorry let me correct myself. I got myself mixed up with my other reel. It is a Daiwa Coastal.
Daiwa Coastal / Kistler Combo
UWFSig22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.