Killing Farm Life As We Know It - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Members Only > Politics

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
Valued Member
Blue Marlin

Default Killing Farm Life As We Know It

Has this administration just gone mad? Now they are after the farmers again restricting kids under 18 from working with alot of animals and doing chores around the farm, I guess middle america is working to hard and making the rest of the country look to bad.

Obama’s Outrageous DOL Rules Will Restrict Minors From Working on Family Farms – Killing Farm Life As We Know It
CatHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #2
Senior Yakker
Sailfish

All this kinda crap is why I no longer consider myself a patriot. Our precious "freedom" has taken a nose-dive these last couple decades.
Yakavelli is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
Grand Slam

God, what is the world coming to?
aroundthehorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 12:42 PM   #4
Jiggin Finatic
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundthehorn View Post
God, what is the world coming to?

Communism!!!

II Chronicles 7:14
if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

http://alljiggedup.com/

Randy's Canvas & Marine Vinyls
850-279-4140
850-855-5314 cell
Custom Awnings - Repairs
Boat Cushions - Curtains and more
lobsterman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #5
White Marlin

Here is another article concerning working on the family

farm.http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/DC-Deco....-Is-she-right
SHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #6
Your mom's a
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakavelli View Post
All this kinda crap is why I no longer consider myself a patriot. Our precious "freedom" has taken a nose-dive these last couple decades.

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain.

I'm glad somebody has seen that it's not just the current administration but a cumulative effect of years of terrible leadership on all levels.
JoeZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 10:43 PM   #7
Sailfish

Just one more way to help big business by handicapping small business.

Joraca
Joraca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 10:58 PM   #8
Sailfish

Houses without foundations rarely endure.
tabasco40 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 11:25 PM   #9
Esteemed Member
Grouper

My favorite part of the article.

"This is another example of the Obama administration initiating unsolicited regulations that would prohibit normal practices that have been carried out in rural areas for generations—not to mention limiting a desperately needed workforce to replace the current generation of farmers whose average age is nearing 60 years old...If this proposal goes into effect, not only will the shrinking rural workforce be further reduced, and our nation’s youth be deprived of valuable career training opportunities, but a way of life will begin to disappear. This proposal should alarm more than just rural America."

There is a systematic destruction of America taking place, and this is absolute proof that not only the current administration, but administrations before have been actively and purposefully moving people into urban/suburban areas. In less than ten years, the American farm will be deceased. All farming production will be controlled by major corporations, and all food will be GMO. In 1870, 70-80 percent of the US population was employed in agriculture. As of 2008, approximately 2-3 percent of the population is directly employed in agriculture. The idea of the grocery store is one of the greatest scams of the 20th century. Though I can be found in one frequently, I still feel like the idea of convenience and luxury has overtaken the self-sustained way of life, and is destroying the fundamental foundation of our country. My great grandmother who passed this year grew up on a farm in Little River and hardly ever went to "town" when she was young. They had a horse and wagon, and going to "town" was an all day affair. Produced all their own food and made their own clothes. My point is this, America is getting hoarded into the cities, so that we can be controlled. End result will be major population areas with nothing in-between. Interstate off-ramps in some mid-west rural areas have already been "closed", which essentially dries up whatever small town was connected to that exit. They don't want you to grow your own food, or take over poppa's farm. They want you to buy your food from them, from their farms, which grows GMO only. Check and see what all the fuss is about with GMO yourself, about how Monsanto is forcing farmers to use GMO, not only in America, but all over the world. Then tell me none of this stuff connected in any way, and that this is just "tin hat" mumbo jumbo.

Do you really think O was in his Oval Office, contemplating how he could screw up farming?
Old 04-25-2012, 11:31 PM   #10
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cola Boy View Post
Do you really think O was in his Oval Office, contemplating how he could screw up farming?
You make a great point. No, I don't think that.

The family farm has been dying for a while. I've seen it first hand. Our food/agriculture system is totally messed up. Joel Salatin is one of my heroes.

I'll spare the board my spiel about it.
aroundthehorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.