I saw this info on a obamcare registrant and was wondering if this was true. - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Members Only > Politics

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #1
Blue Marlin

Default I saw this info on a obamcare registrant and was wondering if this was true.

I thought the deductible was capped at about $6,700 in the aca. Read the following that was supposedly posted on a aca blog. Would like to hear if anybody has experienced anything like this.

"I actually made it through this morning at 8:00 A.M. I have a preexisting condition (Type 1 Diabetes) and my income base was 45K-55K annually I chose tier 2 "Silver Plan" and my monthly premiums came out to $597.00 with $13,988 yearly deductible!!! There is NO POSSIBLE way that I can afford this so I "opt-out" and chose to continue along with no insurance. I received an email tonight at 5:00 P.M. informing me that my fine would be $4,037 and could be attached to my yearly income tax return. Then you make it to the "REPERCUSSIONS PORTION" for "non-payment" of yearly fine. First, your drivers license will be suspended until paid, and if you go 24 consecutive months with "Non-Payment" and you happen to be a home owner, you will have a federal tax lien placed on your home. You can agree to give your bank information so that they can easy "Automatically withdraw" your "penalties" weekly, bi-weekly or monthly! This by no means is "Free" or even "Affordable."
Boatjob1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
Blue Marlin

Oooohhhhh, by the way,

ROFL! The national phone number for the Obamacare help center is 1-800-318-2596. That is 1-800-F1UCK-YO hahahaha. I ain't making this up boys and girlzzzzz
Old 10-03-2013, 01:14 PM   #3
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatjob1 View Post
I thought the deductible was capped at about $6,700 in the aca. Read the following that was supposedly posted on a aca blog. Would like to hear if anybody has experienced anything like this.

"I actually made it through this morning at 8:00 A.M. I have a preexisting condition (Type 1 Diabetes) and my income base was 45K-55K annually I chose tier 2 "Silver Plan" and my monthly premiums came out to $597.00 with $13,988 yearly deductible!!! There is NO POSSIBLE way that I can afford this so I "opt-out" and chose to continue along with no insurance. I received an email tonight at 5:00 P.M. informing me that my fine would be $4,037 and could be attached to my yearly income tax return. Then you make it to the "REPERCUSSIONS PORTION" for "non-payment" of yearly fine. First, your drivers license will be suspended until paid, and if you go 24 consecutive months with "Non-Payment" and you happen to be a home owner, you will have a federal tax lien placed on your home. You can agree to give your bank information so that they can easy "Automatically withdraw" your "penalties" weekly, bi-weekly or monthly! This by no means is "Free" or even "Affordable."
My wife read the same thing on facebook last night, I think its one of those chain emails that are made up just to scare everybody...but with this disaster who knows!!
jcoss15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #4
Blue Marlin

Something just doesn't sound right about it. I had heard that the fine was either $95 or 1% (which ever was greater) for the year 2014. If this is the case, the blog was way off....

PS BUT that phone number is accurate, I called it just to see,,,,,
Old 10-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #5
White Marlin

the fine doesn't kick in until 2015. The premiums and deductible are accurate. I checked on them a few months ago. My income is slightly higher than that and my insurance would have been over $900 a month with the subsidie. I'm not sure what the fines will be but the rest is accurate

Last edited by johnf; 10-04-2013 at 09:50 AM.
johnf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2013, 05:13 AM   #6
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatjob1 View Post
Oooohhhhh, by the way,

ROFL! The national phone number for the Obamacare help center is 1-800-318-2596. That is 1-800-F1UCK-YO hahahaha. I ain't making this up boys and girlzzzzz
Smarty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2013, 12:53 PM   #7
Grouper

Wirelessly posted

So if I have insurance through my work, do I have to apply or anything to that?

www.destinspearfishing.com
BlaineAtk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #8
Snapper

Did a SNOPES check. They couldn't deny all the numbers, but some were exaggerated. Penalties for various "non compliance" are supposed to grow.
GWally is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #9
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaineAtk View Post
Wirelessly posted

So if I have insurance through my work, do I have to apply or anything to that?
As long as your work's insurance is compliant with O'care you are ok. If they are not they will either have to change coverage or you will lose it.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #10
Trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnf View Post
As long as your work's insurance is compliant with O'care you are ok. If they are not they will either have to change coverage or you will lose it.

I thought our president said you could keep your coverage?! Are you calling our dear leader a liar?
The difference between Constitutional Conservatives and Progressives. Constitutional Conservatives will fight for your right to call them stupid. Progressives will fight for their right to shut you up.
bluebird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.