Green Eggs and Ham by Sara Palin - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Members Only > Politics

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2014, 07:16 PM   #1
Trigger

Default Green Eggs and Ham by Sara Palin

You have to love this woman. I love her verson on Green Eggs and Ham.

"I do not like this Uncle Sam. I do not like his health care scam. I do not like -- oh, just you wait -- I do not like these dirty crooks, or how they lie and cook the books. I do not like when Congress steals, I do not like their crony deals. I do not like this spying, man, I do not like, 'Oh, Yes we can.' I do not like this spending spree, we're smart, we know there's nothing free. I do not like reporters' smug replies when I complain about their lies. I do not like this kind of hope, and we won't take it, nope, nope, nope."
The difference between Constitutional Conservatives and Progressives. Constitutional Conservatives will fight for your right to call them stupid. Progressives will fight for their right to shut you up.
bluebird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2014, 04:00 PM   #2
Trigger

This woman is brilliant. No one writes a speech like this and is dumb. See the video it is very funny.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/331494901...#sp=show-clips
The difference between Constitutional Conservatives and Progressives. Constitutional Conservatives will fight for your right to call them stupid. Progressives will fight for their right to shut you up.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:29 AM   #3
WW2
Grand Slam

Yeah, she is really brilliant.....

Green Eggs and Ham was a poem about someone who did not like something he had never tried and after trying it loved it.....

Her use of this, in this particular context, means that she did not even understand the moral of the poem to begin with.....
WW2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2014, 01:22 PM   #4
White Marlin

Don't think she was trying to be philosophical with it, it was around Dr. Suess's birthday and that particular poem was the best one for her to complete her shtick with...nothing more or less.
jcoss15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2014, 03:04 PM   #5
Trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW2 View Post

Green Eggs and Ham was a poem about someone who did not like something he had never tried and after trying it loved it.....

Her use of this, in this particular context, means that she did not even understand the moral of the poem to begin with.....
No one except the people in charge love tyranny. The difference is we have a choice for now. You can continue to support people who what to remove your choices or keep justifying it (the easy way out) and be a slave to the people you defend (I know how this sounds). The choice is yours WW2.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:41 PM   #6
Trigger

Here is another great speech. This time from Dr. Ben Carson. If all you do is watch the last 5 minutes that would be great.

Big Red likes this.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:44 PM   #7
WW2
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird View Post
No one except the people in charge love tyranny. The difference is we have a choice for now. You can continue to support people who what to remove your choices or keep justifying it (the easy way out) and be a slave to the people you defend (I know how this sounds). The choice is yours WW2.

Who said I supported them? I am just pointing out that Palin is a fucking retard.
arthurpete likes this.
WW2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2014, 05:07 PM   #8
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird View Post
This woman is brilliant. No one writes a speech like this and is dumb. See the video it is very funny.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/331494901...#sp=show-clips
Maybe somebody wrote the speech for her? She does deliver in her own way though.

Jim
jim t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2014, 06:33 PM   #9
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW2 View Post

Same mistake she made when referencing Robert Frosts "Mending Wall"

"Good fences make good neighbors"... was her point

In fact Frost was being ironic in the poem. He was saying "Good neighbors don't need fences. But the neighbor is stuck in his ways"

She doesn't seem to understand nuance or irony.

Jim

Last edited by jim t; 03-11-2014 at 07:05 PM.
jim t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2014, 07:16 PM   #10
White Marlin

She doesn't understand a lot of things Jim. McCain made a grave mistake when he picked her. I think she caused a turn away of votes at the thought of her sitting in the Oval Office. I seriously doubt that she even wrote the Green Egg story. But, give credit where it is due, she looks great on TV.
SHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.