Before his Death, Father of ADHD Admitted it Was a Fictitious Disease - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Members Only > Politics

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-21-2013, 09:05 AM   #1
Team Gills Gone Wild
White Marlin

Default Before his Death, Father of ADHD Admitted it Was a Fictitious Disease

I was on Ritalin for 6 years then Adderall for another year later in life. It turned me into a strung out zombie at the rip old age 6. If you have little ones on these nasty drugs, please consider a dietary change, or more outdoor activity, before prescribing them more drugs.

http://intellihub.com/2013/06/27/bef...tious-disease/
Kenton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2013, 09:51 AM   #2
}<))))>
Grouper

I am so glad when I was a kid they didn't have all of that crap. The worst punishment my mom or dad would do to me as a kid was make me stay in my room all day, I would go insane. I was outside with the neighborhood kids from sun up to sun down. I was hyper as hell to.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:42 AM   #3
Blue Marlin

All for $$$, what a piece of shit he was. Show me his grave and i would piss on it. I went into the navy at 17 to take care of my temper tantrams. Plus those drugs weren't around in 1960 or i would have been put on them.

Last edited by sealark; 11-21-2013 at 11:11 AM.
sealark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #4
Grouper

I agree. As a practicing family doc who helped raise 4 sons I can tell you this ADHD thing is way out of hand. Boys are just different. How many hours I sat and stared out the classroom window and couldn't keep still! Teachers tried to convince me one of my sons needed ritalin. No way Jose. Now he has a degree in engineering. Were there tough times? you bet. But drugs are not always the magic answer. Are there some kids who need medication? -- sure. But not the percentage now being treated. Not by a long shot.
TeaSea is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2013, 11:39 AM   #5
Blue Marlin

Another thing thats out of hand for the almighty $$ is prescription drugs. Zanax, loritab just to mention a few. Doctors are afraid to say no for fear of loosing another office visit if they say no. I'm through ranting, dam blowing se winds sat looks fair to get out....
Old 11-21-2013, 01:59 PM   #6
Sailfish

Offensive language warning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bAk...10&app=desktop
Joraca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #7
Snapper

as someone who makes their living suing pharmaceutical companies I can tell you they make up diseases for their drug to treat. big pharma's marketing machine is pretty scary.
treble is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2013, 04:09 PM   #8
Grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by treble View Post
as someone who makes their living suing pharmaceutical companies I can tell you they make up diseases for their drug to treat. big pharma's marketing machine is pretty scary.
Advertising new pills on TV should be outlawed in Amerika!
scott44 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2013, 06:28 PM   #9
Sailfish

I agree to a certain extent. I have a son who had sever problems with ADHD or something like this. It was so severe that he could not function in a school or home environment. We could tell he was off the charts intelligent but he could not focus or stay on track for 2 minutes. By the time he went to school, it was nothing but a nightmare. He was always in trouble for walking, talking, not sitting, disturbing others.

I'm old fashion and I told my wife there is no way we were going to medicate him. Well the situation continued to get worse at school and home. I was worried that I would get in trouble myself if I continued to beat his ass. We decided to listen to his Dr. and we put him on Aderall. Say what you want but it was the best decision we ever made. He began to focus, I fell in love with the son I never knew. He was so sweet and respectful. He started to excel in school, no more notes and time out.

I agree it's probably over prescribed, but to say there are children out there who don't suffer from some type of affliction that this drug can help, tells me you have never witnessed a case as sever as my son had. We kept him on it for 5 years , then took him off. He is 14 and has not taken meds since he was 10. He has never made a B to this day. I defend the decision we made.
Attached Thumbnails
Before his Death, Father of ADHD Admitted it Was a Fictitious Disease-morgans-math-jpg   Before his Death, Father of ADHD Admitted it Was a Fictitious Disease-morgans-reading-jpg  
Getsome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #10
Grouper

There's a place for it and it helps some kids no doubt,but in my uneducated opinion its wayyyy over used just so some folks can make a buck.
scott44 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.