$5 a gallon gas - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Members Only > Politics

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #1
Sailfish

Default $5 a gallon gas

Filled up for $3.20 this morning. Man, it wasnt too long ago that Fox News and alarmist blogs had everyone in a tizzy. Remember $5 a gallon gas and the impending apocalypse?

I suppose if Obama was to blame then, he must be the one to praise now, right?
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
WW2
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurpete View Post

Filled up for $3.20 this morning. Man, it wasnt too long ago that Fox News and alarmist blogs had everyone in a tizzy. Remember $5 a gallon gas and the impending apocalypse?

I suppose if Obama was to blame then, he must be the one to praise now, right?

*crickets*
WW2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #3
Blue Marlin

It is an election year. With that being said, we are still reverse lightering, loading ships and exporting crude (out of Galveston / Houston). Also, the refineries are having a tough go at profitability. Its crazy times that we live in.
Boatjob1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #4
Grand Slam

...and a lot of good that does to the millions still unemployed because the inability of the Amateur to create jobs and move the economy forward.

Where are the jobs....Obama?
Orion45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #5
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatjob1 View Post
It is an election year.
Nail>Head
Old 06-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #6
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion45 View Post
...and a lot of good that does to the millions still unemployed because the inability of the Amateur to create jobs and move the economy forward.

Where are the jobs....Obama?
Deflection
Old 06-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #7
Grand Slam

Quote:
Deflection
Of course, a lack of jobs is always a deflection.
Orion45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #8
Blue Marlin

Send a message via Yahoo to TURTLE

Quote:
Nail>Head
I thought you would see through this for sure. Obama turns down the no brainier long term and immediate futures increase/decrease at the pump fix " Keystone pipeline" and to create the illusion that he had decreased our foreign oil dependence he made a deal with Saudi to refine and export us more oil. It was all over the news, even the liberal channels and sites a while back. The same uneducated voters that voted him in office the first time without researching him or his record will see this decrease at the pump as a result of a GOOD thing Obama did when in fact it's a short term hoodwink to get those same retard votes and it may work. I see people getting dumber and dumber every day.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #9
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion45 View Post
Of course, a lack of jobs is always a deflection.
True. But wasnt the price of gas a major republican talking point as a roadblock to jobs? What now that we have relatively sane prices for the foreseeable future?

Point being...it would be nice for polticians to focus on the real issues instead of playing politics.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:43 PM   #10
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
I thought you would see through this for sure. Obama turns down the no brainier long term and immediate futures increase/decrease at the pump fix " Keystone pipeline" and to create the illusion that he had decreased our foreign oil dependence he made a deal with Saudi to refine and export us more oil. It was all over the news, even the liberal channels and sites a while back. The same uneducated voters that voted him in office the first time without researching him or his record will see this decrease at the pump as a result of a GOOD thing Obama did when in fact it's a short term hoodwink to get those same retard votes and it may work. I see people getting dumber and dumber every day.
Commas would help. My head hurts.

What would i see through?....the uproar was all politics which you seemed to have wrapped yourself entirely in. You got way too much poltical nonsense into a market that is dictated by demand, not the sitting United States president. Those that think the president has any significant control over the oil markets are simply ignorant. Prices are down because demand is down and supplies are abundant.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.