Sailboat trolling - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Misc. Forums > Need A Crew? Need A Ride?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-30-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
Trigger

Default Sailboat trolling

I may be going Sunday night 10pm or Monday 05:30 to the Oriskany to bottom fish and then on to the edge to troll. Getting back....depends on how lucky we are at catching fish. Monday anywhere from 3-7p just depends on whether we leave Sun night or Monday morn. Boat is a 1981 Hunter 36 berthed at the Fish House. We go slow 6-8kts, so it works great for trolling. Must have lic, and gear. We probably will sail home depending on wind or direction. Boat has new rudder, shaft, complete bottom job, and new rigging. All the plumbing is out of boat so we use a pickle bucket lined with two bags if ya can't hang it over the side. We carry 120 qt cooler and the boat has a built in ice box with icemaker to hold lots of beer, water, and gatorade. Boat has a large v-berth and two setees to sleep/take a nap. We have a simple fish finder/depth meter with GPS. The plan is to head to the Oriskany to bottom fish and then on to the edge to troll. We have done this twice now and it works well...catching our limit of Kings, some bonita, and last time we got some dolphin. This time we are headed to the edge for Wahoo or any other HMS. Must bring your own drinks, beer, and food. We only burn 1 gal diesel per hour (30 gal tank). Cost towards bait, fuel, and ice would help say 20 bucks?
Tony
IrishBlessing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #2
Grand Slam

First post like this that I have seen on this forum. Wish I could take advantage of the offer but I have prior commitments. I love sailboats and I think many will jump on this offer. What an opportunity for enjoying some great seviche. Hopefully, you'll make this generous offer again...soon.
Orion45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #3
Sailfish

Well I guess your out now and I wish I woulda seen this before now, next time shoot me a PM if you would like a guest.
Hopin4aboat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.