Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Easter dinner in the BGE now

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Kim 
#1 · (Edited)
Just put the leg of lamb in the BGE at 4 PM and it should be ready around 6:30 or so. Cut slits in leg and stuffed them with garlic slices and rosemary about 15 on each side, coated with olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt and cracked pepper.

#5 ·
I have a freezer full of goat and lamb, that I was going to cook today. Sadly, I will be enjoying cafeteria food instead.

#9 ·
I slow grilled it in the BGE, set the temperature at 300 F, took out the plate setter. put the stainless grid in, tin foil in the bottom of the V rack pan (keeps from burning the stuff dry making clean up easier), leg of lamb in the V rack and in the pan. Stuck the food temperature probe into the thick part of the meat not touching bone, cooked it for 2hours and 45 minutes until the internal temperature reached 160 F and the Guru temperature controller beeped to let me know it was done.

Tasty with salad, mashed potatoes, asparagus, horseradish sauce for the lamb, loaf of Italian bread, a bottle of Mare Sole and a raspberry elegance cake for desert.

#11 ·
Kim

Lamb looks good. Doing mine today as I BBQd Saturday. I make a rub out of I part each of black pepper, dried rosemary, dried garlic and salt. I grind it to a flour in a spice grinder and rub it like a brisket and set overnight. Onto the Komodo until it's 135 internal temp.

Tony: Horseradish is for beef. Mint sauce or jelly for lamb :)

#14 ·
Yeah the mint jelly is traditional but I kind of developed a taste for horseradish so I used it to make a creamy sauce. It's probably a sin but I put a little in my BBQ sauces, hollandaise sauce, tuna dip and anything I want to give a little kick to. I prefer it over hot peppers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.