St. Croix Rod Blanks - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Fishing Gear and Tackle > Fishing Gear For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-17-2017, 01:49 PM   #1
Mingo

Default St. Croix Rod Blanks

Variety of St. Croix rod blanks including discontinued models, prototypes, paint variations, and factory seconds. Some have labels. Very nice blanks at a fraction of their normal cost, no warranty. All are 1 piece, except telescoping.

1. Mojo Cat, gray blanks, 83" long, butt dia .685, tip 7.5, Medium power fast action. Looks like a prototype. Has label to identify it. Very nice $35 each

2. Purple blank, looks like Mojo, 83.5" long, butt dia just over .500, medium power, mod fast action. $20

3. Purple blanks, looks like Mojo salt prototype, 83" long, butt dia .665, tip 9, x-heavy power, moderate action. Would make a great offshore boat rod. $40 each

4. Metallic cream/tan blank, looks like Mojo Cat with variation of paint color. 89.5" long, butt dia .690, tip 10, med heavy power, mod fast action. $35

5. Purple blanks, almost positive these are Mojo jig prototypes, 77.5" long, butt dia .540, tip 8, medium heavy power, moderate action. Super nice. $45 each

6. Legend Tournament Musky, cobalt blue blank, 89" long, label says TM76XHF, x-heavy, fast action. Appears to be a first quality discontinued model. $50

7. Legend Tournament Bass, cobalt blue telescope blank, 95" total length, TBC80HMF, heavy power, mod fast action. Appears to be a first quality discontinued blank. You could also build the 6' tip section as a 1-piece rod. $40

8. Sea foam green blanks, looks like new Avid Inshore, 96-97" long, butt dia about .660, tips about 7, lightweight blank with heavy power, fast action, lure weight 3/4-3 oz. Blanks not perfectly straight. $30 each

9. Green blanks, look like Tidemaster Inshore, 78" long, medium power. $20 each

10. Gloss pearl gray, looks like Avid Salmon. 94" long, medium power. $20

11. Root beer brown blank, discontinued Avid Inshore, 83" long, medium power, fast action. Label says 3SW70MF. For 8-17# line, 3/8-3/4 oz lures. Looks like first quality blank. $25

12. Legend Salt blank, 86.5" long, 15-30# class rod, tip not perfectly straight, otherwise very nice, expensive blank with St. Croix's IPC, ART, FRS technology. Label says 2SWC70MF. Butt diameter .595, tip 6.5. Medium power, fast action. $40

13. Gloss black blanks, 86.5" long. Legend Salt, label says 2SW70MHF, prototypes. Medium Heavy power, Fast action. Butt dia .620, tip 6.5. Tip slightly crooked, but still very nice. $45 each

14. Gloss blue blanks, look and feel like Legend Surf variations, but no label so I'm not sure. One is 90" long, butt dia .595, tip 6.5, medium power, fast action. Second blank 84", butt .650, tip about 8, medium heavy power, fast action. $35 each

15. Assorted metallic red blanks from 76-93" long. Almost certain these are the tips from Avid Surf rods. Just add butt/handle section and you've got a quality surf rod. I think some of these were experiments as St. Croix was choosing which lengths/actions to put into production, and a few are probably seconds due to minor paint flaws. You could even build some of these as 1-piece rods. $35 each

16. Assorted heavy boat blanks that appear to be color experiments for their saltwater boat rods. 80-90" Medium heavy to x-heavy actions. Colors include blue, red, burnt orange, light purple. Also, a few blanks I can't identify. $20 each

Shipping not available. I'm in Pensacola. Thanks.
I can't get the pics to load, so I will text them to anyone interested.

Last edited by TarponDan; 02-17-2017 at 02:14 PM.
TarponDan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2017, 09:15 AM   #2
Cigar Minnow

Do you still have these blanks? Can I swing by today and check them out
Thomaswtrout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2017, 05:38 PM   #3
Cigar Minnow

Are the #9 blanks fast action, if they are I would want those please sir. What is the address where I can see them? Thanks
chasingtails is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2017, 12:07 PM   #4
Cigar Minnow

do you still have the seafoam green avid blanks ?
cm1997 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2017, 03:55 PM   #5
Mingo

I still have2 of the sea foam green Avid blanks left. Thank you.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:01 PM   #6
Cigar Minnow

still no shipping or shipping available ?
cm1997 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2017, 11:31 PM   #7
Mingo

Shipping not available.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:52 AM   #8
Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarponDan View Post
I still have2 of the sea foam green Avid blanks left. Thank you.
Here is a pic of one of the seafoam blanks I had built.
Attached Thumbnails
St. Croix Rod Blanks-20170112_104540-jpg   St. Croix Rod Blanks-20170112_104546-jpg  
MaxP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2017, 11:31 AM   #9
Ruby Red Lip

Pm sent
Hewie38 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2017, 11:29 AM   #10
Ruby Red Lip

here are two of three rods that I got from dan. smaller one is #12 from the list and the larger one is a musky 9 foot rod that he happen to still have. I cannot wait till the cobia show up to start throwing jigs off the piers!! thanks dan!!
Attached Thumbnails
St. Croix Rod Blanks-rods-2-jpg   St. Croix Rod Blanks-rods-jpg  
J0nesitheSecond is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.