Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

WTB Toolbox

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Jason 
#1 ·
I got my new truck and am leaving my old toolbox in my old truck fer Logan. I am looking fer an aluminum toolbox black or silver that doesn't (DOES NOT) fit on the rails due to hauling an ATV and a golf cart from time to time and taking the box off and on the truck. So the ones that I have seen are almost chest type w/ handles on the side... If you have one collecting dust and need some room, let me know what ya got! Thanks!:thumbsup:

#2 ·
Jason, there is a guy who sells some boxes just south of Whitfield rd off N87 near Berrydale. He had some chest type ones sitting out by the road a few weeks ago when I went by. It kinda looks like he may be kin to Fred Sanford when you see his place. I'm sure you have driven by it before while patroling up that way. Not sure if their new or used but they looked shiney when i went by.

#4 ·
Yep...that's him. If your just looking for a box he can probably put you on one. I'mpretty particular when it comes to my tool boxes (because I've had a bad one before and it frustrated the crap out of me) so I stick with the UWS brand. They have always been good to me. I've gotten my last 3 or so from Keith at Advance Auto in Pace. Mikes was getting some better build boxes at one time. Not sure if they are still selling them or not.

#7 ·
Jason, my stepfather has one that is a gull wing that fits a smaller truck like a Toyota or Nissan. If this is what you need let me know and I'll get a measurement. It is an aluminum diamond plate box. I think he would just like it gone to someone that needs it.

Scott

#10 ·
Jason have you looked at the plastic chest boxes at TSC? I wanted an aluminum chest for my Frontier. Ended up with a TSC plastic box. It was bigger inside, less than half the cost but has held up great. Only downsides are no gas assisted lift, and it has hasps not latches to lock it.

#11 ·
There is 2 of them like you are looking for on CL, the add was posted today under the tool section. He said there is no keys for them but if you take it to a locksmith they can make you a key based on the number listed on the lock. The guy is asking $100 each. Here is the contact info he listed: Please call Ron 850-456-7701. Hope this helps you out.

#12 ·
DING DING DING we have a winner!!! Thanks a bunch! My folks are gonna see em tomorrow and hope they'll measure right!!!!:thumbsup: Will keep this thread active until I find out tomorrow!!!!

Thanks again!:thumbsup:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.