Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

F/S Vintage fishfinder loran-c units

5K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  coolbluestreak 
#1 ·
SI-TEX HE-705 MKII fish finder with manual
SI-TEX XJ-1 Loran C receiver with manual
KING LC 8002 loran-c with antenna and manual.

Sorry, you probably know more about this stuff than I do so asking me questions won't do you much good, I'd just google the p/n's.

I'm sure you could use them but they serve a better purpose in a seafood restaurant, bait/tackle shop, museum I'm sure due to todays technology.

They are worth money but idk what kind of a demand there is for this stuff, I've seen the prices range all over the spectrum.

Make an offer and come get them, I really need them off if my work bench and I'm not looking at retirement investment so you can afford them.

Jeremy 251-490-7790 call, text or pm.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
There is no signal for the Lorans anymore period. Think the last transmitters shut down in 2008, but Russia and China might still have a few online. Being Loran used land based transmitters instead of satellites, as GPS uses, several top defense officials lobbied to keep them operational so China, or whomever could not take out our navigation by knocking out the GPS satellites.
Not too long ago, GPS accuracy was degraded for civilian users for security reasons, and you had to depend on a differential land based signal to have any kind of decent accuracy. Bill Clinton killed that, and made even a cheap handheld unit have tremendous accuracy.
Good for us fishermen and hunters, and good for Terrorist also.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.