Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Niceville 6/29

920 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  How2RemoveAHook 
#1 ·
Looking to do some fishing in the niceville area tomorrow morning. Wanting to put in around 6 or 7 am if there's anyone that wants to join. Kinda new to the area so if there is anyone that is experienced in fishing the niceville area that would be awesome!

#5 ·
Wish I was there, just moved out to CO and closed on my new house today. Pretty brown and dry out here. These two were my go to lazy spots to soak some shrimp and relax since they were 2 minutes from the front door. They're an easy haul for kayaks even if you don't have wheels/cart and you don't need a fish finder to figure out the depths. Can be very productive certain times of year if you're fishing the dock lights at sunset.

My last trip about two weeks ago landed some small specks, reds, hardheads, ladyfish, sail cat and a mangrove snapper or two. You'll hook up with black drum, blue fish, jack crevalle, Spanish mackerel and flounder on occasion too.

Don't mind the lil' gator up by Swift Creek, he won't mess with you, however there are some shady people by Pin Oak, so lock up and take your valuables. I wouldn't bother fishing Rocky Bayou on a weekend. It's jet ski and tubing central this time of year, especially on holiday weekends. If you have access to Eglin the flats from Postal Point all the way to Shalimar are good fishing especially around inlets and there are a half dozen different launch points for those flats (they're less busy on weekends as well.)

Stop by the Texaco for some live shrimp if you really want to make sure you hook up with some fish.

#8 ·
On Eglin, you can launch from the picnic area down past the FamCamp. Follow the road down to the beach area and follow it around to the far left. There will be a single lane trail leading off to the right with a tight turn around at the end and you can drag a yak a few yards down to the beach and you are fishing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.