Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Hobie Financing

10K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Ptpainton 
#1 ·
Hey guys, does anyone know if any of our local dealers finance their Hobies? I've tried getting a small loan from my Financial Institutions but no one will touch me with the school loans I have (60K). Give me the whole Debt to income ratio hoopla, even though I have all my payments adjusted. If anyone can shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks fellas.

#6 · (Edited)
No Kayak in the world would be worth going in Debt for, just say no.
Somebody's never used a PA...lol

Seriously though, it's a fishing boat. If a 20' center console is worth going in debt over, a Hobie certainly is...and it's a LOT LESS DEBT. I'd say it's a far better decision than going in debt over a boat that costs lots of money every single time you use it. How many boat owners can't even take their boat out without SEVERAL people throwing in on gas? And they do this in order to catch 2 snapper?

A badass yak is a far better investment...

#8 ·
Appreciate it Bencatch. Just got off the phone with them. Seems like a very simple process with them. Hopefully will be riding out there in a few weeks. Do they have a "promo" for you "advertising" them? If so let me know and I will be certain to name drop for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
No problem BigRed, I'm not affiliated with them at all. I appreciate you willing to help out though.

I have been in there a few times, and plan to take advantage of their financing also. They seem like a good crew, and answered every question I could think of without seeming annoyed.

I'm in between the new PAs and the new Outback. I sold my 2012 PA last year, and naturally want to get another one, but I'm trying to see if minimizing to the Outback is feasible.

#11 ·
Anytime. Yes, they were very informative and willing to help when I was asking questions. They also emailed me the financing application. Since its a 2.5-3hr drive one way, i can figure out if I'm eligible for financing before I head over there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.